Coach Flore's Take on Rosen's Progress | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach Flore's Take on Rosen's Progress

ATL_PHIN_FAN

Winner Under Construction
Reaction score
When asked what in practice this season will allow Rosen to be more successful, Coach Flores said, "Taking command of the huddle, going through his progression, making the right reads, putting the ball where he needs to put it; whether it's making the right reads, throwing the football away, sliding when he has to slide. We do that in practice. I think he's made a lot of progress. He made a lot of good throws today. Look, the kid's got talent. He's got a big arm. You watch him in practice. He fires the ball in there a lot more consistently now. I think he'll be ready when his number's called. At the same time, he's a team player. He wants to see Fitz and Jake have success when they play." It was the last question asked @ (3:43)

When asked what in practice this season will allow him to be more successful, Coach Flores said, "Taking command of the huddle, going through his progression, making the right reads, putting the ball where he needs to put it; whether it's making the right reads, throwing the football away, sliding when he has to slide. We do that in practice. I think he's made a lot of progress. He made a lot of good throws today. Look, the kid's got talent. He's got a big arm. You watch him in practice. He fires the ball in there a lot more consistently now. I think he'll be ready when his number's called. At the same time, he's a team player. He wants to see Fitz and Jake have success when they play." It was the last question asked @ (3:43)

Thanks for posting.

This statement, seems to me, is pretty telling that Flo likes how far JR has progressed. Usually he is all about downplaying the individual, and praise, aside from usual coach speak, is like pulling teeth.

I believe there is quite a high probability that Rosen is next year's starter, regardless of who we draft.

Thanks for posting.

This statement, seems to me, is pretty telling that Flo likes how far JR has progressed. Usually he is all about downplaying the individual, and praise, aside from usual coach speak, is like pulling teeth.

I believe there is quite a high probability that Rosen is next year's starter, regardless of who we draft.

For Flores, his eyes virtually "lit up" when speaking of Rosen. Know what I mean? I agree that unless there is a clearly better option to begin the 2020 season, Josh Rosen will be our starter.

Anyone that thinks Rosen is a starter in this league is nuts, coach included. Trade the bum, fleece another team and attribute it to a draft pick being the future.

So, you think our coach is an idiot? Just want to be clear about that. I mean, considering how coach Flo typically scowls throughout a press conference, he was practically glowing in his assessment of Rosen's progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Rosen is the guy it speeds the whole rebuild process up very quickly since we'll be able to draft other positions and build around him.

Agree. However, I think we will still draft a QB this year. Because of Rosen being in hand, might be a less highly touted and lower draft order one.

You don't think Rosen should get his shot in 2020? Even if he's progressed enough this year to make Coach Flores seem very confident in him?
I would put him into an open QB competition with Fitz and our newly drafted QB, but what's your definition of "getting his shot"? Giving him the starting job?

I would put him into an open QB competition with Fitz and our newly drafted QB, but what's your definition of "getting his shot"? Giving him the starting job?

Like I said above. If he is the best option going into 2020, absolutely. If he's earned it, why not? You think he's garbage. I agree, he played like a raw rookie for us this year. However, since then he's had time to be developed. I'd like to see if that development has paid off. Still, only if he's earned that right through competition.

Like I said above. If he is the best option going into 2020, absolutely. If he's earned it, why not? You think he's garbage. I agree, he played like a raw rookie for us this year. However, since then he's had time to be developed. I'd like to see if that development had paid off. Still, only if he's earned that right through competition.
If he's earned it, sure. I just don't think he'd come out of an open competition as the starter.

Back
Top Bottom