Coach Flore's Take on Rosen's Progress | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach Flore's Take on Rosen's Progress

So, you think our coach is an idiot? Just want to be clear about that. I mean, considering how coach Flo typically scowls throughout a press conference, he was practically glowing in his assessment of Rosen's progress.
listen up, D clearly know a a lot more than some guy coaching in the league. Just pay attention to him.

This is the lazy analysis that I expect out of anybody that backs Rosen. You used a team statistic to compare two individual players as if that means anything at all.

Rosen had a 66.7 QB rating with a single game high QB rating of 88. Kyler Murrray has an 86.9 QB rating with 3 games over 100 and 2 games over 128 with an extra 448 rushing yards and 4 TDs. He has also still dealt with the same terrible offensive line as he's the most sacked QB in the league. He's leading the 22nd rank offense averaging 20.1ppg. Rosen lead the 32nd ranked offense averaging 14.1ppg.

But you're right... They're the same!

There must be a lot of mental gymnastics going on to convince yourself that the reason Rosen isn't good is because he was never taught to identify the middle linebacker. Don't you think Arizona could have thought the same thing and kept their 1st round pick investment and instead, you know, kept him and taught him instead of trading him for a 2nd rounder just a year later?
Just to put this poster's narrative of "It's not the team, it's the QB" convenient anti-scoreboard when selective into perspective....here are his thoughts about Tannehill.. u know the guy who ranked in the top 5 metrics by every measurement before Campbell's cheap shot aside from YPG took him out.

LOL, 7 years (including that one) contending it's Tannehill and not the team/coaching

Just to put this poster's narrative of "It's not the team, it's the QB" convenient anti-scoreboard when selective into perspective....here are his thoughts about Tannehill.. u know the guy who ranked in the top 5 metrics by every measurement before Campbell's cheap shot aside from YPG took him out.

LOL, 7 years (including that one) contending it's Tannehill and not the team/coaching
Cool strawman, brah. WINS is a complete team statistic. It heavily includes the defense of the team which is what you hilariously decided to bring up. I then pointed out the actual comparison in the QBs statistics, which is offense only, with the same garbage offensive roster, mind you, to point out that Kyler Murray has played far better than Rosen did despite having won the same number of games.

Synopsis, so you actually get it...
You brought up wins.
I brought up QB-only performance between two QBs who played with largely the same players around them.
You then bring up my opinion on Tannehill... out of nowhere... to prove, what, exactly? I don't even think YOU know.

Whatever this coaching staff decides with Rosen I’m going to be fine with. This is a coaching staff that has experience with Brady, Garrapollo and others. If after 1 year of day in and out evaluation they conclude he’s not right for their system then how can I or anyone else argue against that?

He could end up being a fine player. But not one in “their” type of system. It happens and that’s okay.

I think offensive systems is something most fans don’t pay attention to. Just because a player is a good QB for KC on Indy etc doesn’t mean they can be a good Qb in a Dolphins/Patriots type of offense

Cool strawman, brah. WINS is a complete team statistic. It heavily includes the defense of the team which is what you hilariously decided to bring up. I then pointed out the actual comparison in the QBs statistics, which is offense only, with the same garbage offensive roster, mind you, to point out that Kyler Murray has played far better than Rosen did despite having won the same number of games.

Synopsis, so you actually get it...
You brought up wins.
I brought up QB-only performance between two QBs who played with largely the same players around them.
You then bring up my opinion on Tannehill... out of nowhere... to prove, what, exactly? I don't even think YOU know.
No strawman brah. Since you've been here you've been condemning Tannehill who essentially before Campbell's cheap shot during his 8-1 streak was balling on almost all the statistics you use to defend Murray over Rosen. Further, Darlington just pointed out on ESPN that thru 88 games, Tannehill's statistics are almost identical to Drew Brees!

Certainly you're entitled to your opinion as I am to point out that in many of ours, you're wrong about Tannehill and way premature to condemn Rosen on the basis of his rookie performance with even more substandard players and coaches than RT17 had to deal with.

But the value of Rosen is yet TBD; all I know for sure is that if O'Day and Flores who've seen the GOAT up close and personal for years believes Rosen has it, their opinion trumps yours in spades!

No strawman brah. Since you've been here you've been condemning Tannehill who essentially before Campbell's cheap shot during his 8-1 streak was balling on almost all the statistics you use to defend Murray over Rosen. Further, Darlington just pointed out on ESPN that thru 88 games, Tannehill's statistics are almost identical to Drew Brees!

Certainly you're entitled to your opinion as I am to point out that in many of ours, you're wrong about Tannehill and way premature to condemn Rosen on the basis of his rookie performance with even more substandard players and coaches than RT17 had to deal with.

But the value of Rosen is yet TBD; all I know for sure is that if O'Day and Flores who've seen the GOAT up close and personal for years believes Rosen has it, their opinion trumps yours in spades!
Always the best way to try and win a debate by using one of the biggest outliers of all-time, amirite?

"You're wrong about Tannehill because he can possibly all of a sudden make the jump that Drew Brees did and therefore Rosen might actually break 90 QB rating in a single game!"

lol

Rosens contract is team friendly and developing him is the only smart course of action.... he will compete with a rookie and another Vet.
It's the smart thing, no doubt. It would also have been smart for Arizona to keep him, even if it turned out they didn't need him. Just saying, just because it's the smart thing doesn't mean it's a thing that happens often in this league.

It's the smart thing, no doubt. It would also have been smart for Arizona to keep him, even if it turned out they didn't need him. Just saying, just because it's the smart thing doesn't mean it's a thing that happens often in this league.
When is the last time AZ did the "smart" thing?

LF?
Kurt Warner?

Whatever this coaching staff decides with Rosen I’m going to be fine with. This is a coaching staff that has experience with Brady, Garrapollo and others. If after 1 year of day in and out evaluation they conclude he’s not right for their system then how can I or anyone else argue against that?

He could end up being a fine player. But not one in “their” type of system. It happens and that’s okay.

I think offensive systems is something most fans don’t pay attention to. Just because a player is a good QB for KC on Indy etc doesn’t mean they can be a good Qb in a Dolphins/Patriots type of offense

I disagree. This is a staff that has had the luxury of working with Brady. They didn't make him. They have been blessed with not having to make a QB decision. Just like Adam Gase had Peyton Manning.

When is the last time AZ did the "smart" thing?

LF?
Kurt Warner?
It's not just Arizona. What team keeps two highly touted QBs in the roster? Doesn't happen often. Usually when one arrives, the one that was there leaves. Something about "confidence that he's the guy" or something, but it's really just politics.

I'm not saying I agree with that, just that it's the way the cookie usually crumbles.

There's almost no way Arizona could have kept him 1 year out from drafting him.
That's unheard of and that environment likely would have been too toxic.

They desprately needed a clean break.

Or maybe... maybe it's about the guy that was there feeling disrespected and unwanted. And maybe... maybe Rosen at this point would be able to accept it? One can only hope. It definitely would be the best thing.

Carry 3 qbs next year on the 53. We are in prime position to do that. Keep developing Rosen. He either plays for us down the road or trade. Either way benefits us.

There's almost no way Arizona could have kept him 1 year out from drafting him.
That's unheard of and that environment likely would have been too toxic.

They desprately needed a clean break.
Yeah, exactly. Maybe it's like I just posted above, maybe it CAN work out here. Or maybe it's management, thinking, "I just spent a #1 on THE guy so I'd better get something out of this other dude here while his value is high". I don't know, we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom