Coach From Finheaven | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach From Finheaven

I've always respected hoops and Albert Romano for their film study. That's only one element of the HC position though.

Are you really telling me Hayden Fox HC and Tedslimm JR as Vp of Ops/GM can’t do better than our past regimes?

Hayden told you Philbin was a bum!

Hayden told you Lamar Miller was better than Trent Richardson.

Hayden patiently tried to develop Tannehill.

Hayden told you Lazier, Sherman, Daboll and Burke were hot garbage.

He also hated the DVP pick. Guy has a good track record, must admit.

Are you really telling me Hayden Fox HC and Tedslimm JR as Vp of Ops/GM can’t do better than our past regimes?

Hayden told you Philbin was a bum!

Hayden told you Lamar Miller was better than Trent Richardson.

Hayden patiently tried to develop Tannehill.

Hayden told you Lazier, Sherman, Daboll and Burke were hot garbage.

That's correct. But then look at his misses on HCs that have long lost their jobs. Never mind his recent advocacy of Marvin Freaking Lewis.

That's correct. But then look at his misses on HCs that have long lost their jobs. Never mind his recent advocacy of Marvin Freaking Lewis.

He was high on Brian F. Billick. At least we would have been playing tough disciplined football

One day I could see the NFL being marketed as a reality TV/Sport package. They could have a bachelor style coach selection where every GM or Owner has to hire a HC from a group of 30 but the twist is 15 have actual NFL experience and the other 15 are just regular fans. They could call it "Who wants to be an NFL HC?".

Kdawg and Awsi. We would have moved on from Tannehill a while back......

Very true. I might have kept drafting and signing quarterbacks to the point I had 6 on the roster at a given point, and inevitable flops, but I certainly would not have drafted or retained Ryan Tannehill, the human spare...to borrow a bowling term.

I'd mention the motion sickness logo in mocking disdain at every presser until we switched back.

Rambling references at every presser, regardless of outcome. That would be the feature. I'd stand up there for an hour or two, even if it meant delaying the plane return from road games. Ask another hundred questions.

Even if the record was awful I think I'd at least jolt the owner and the football community into thinking more clearly on certain big picture aspects, and that could be successfully applied by others into the future. Actually that was what I was best known for in Las Vegas. My friend David always said to me, "Other people make more money on your systems than you do."

Perfectly correct. I'd find something great but not be bold enough in applying it. I didn't -- and don't -- vary my wager size enough. If I'm a nickel bettor and something stands out I might take that up to 2 or 3 dimes. But friends of mine would wager many, many multiples of that.

The Dolphins certainly don't have enough gamble in them, that's for sure. I should shake that out of the mindset on the first day. I like index funds in stocks but it's incomparably boring to be the index fund franchise of professional football, with the monotonous 6-10 to 10-6 records.

At least 2019 shows great promise to avoid that range.

Back
Top Bottom