coaches press conference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

coaches press conference

phinasota

Bleed Aqua
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Ok, so I just watched coach philbin and Shermans press conference. The conclusions that I got is that

1) these guys (when they were asked anything remotely to the right questions) both defended the bonehead plays they called which ultimately cost us the game. At one point Sherman said he didn't wanna protect a one point lead and to be aggressive, which is admirable, but knowing our deficiencies on offense, it doesn't make much sense to be aggressive at that point. They loaded the front, which was why a 5 step drop back pass was called... but why in the he'll would you call a 5 step drop back pass when they are loading the box you fuggin moron???? You know they are blitzing a quick 3 step and quick release would make more sense in that situation... philbin even referenced what Thad Lewis did last week on that last 4th quarter drive as why they did not want to run it and give buffalo the ball back. I mean, I really don't get it... the running game was working...

2) their reasoning for running Thomas more than miller was just a simple game plan situation... but it just goes back to bonehead decisions to stick with game plan as opposed to what's working. They need to make those adjustments. A game plan is simply that... but in the heat of war, you must adjust to things... although this wasn't as big a deal as the others because they both looked good yesterday

3) the media did them no favors... by that I mean they did not questions the coaches decisions enough... lol, maybe this one is just me but if I were a dolphin reporter I would be jumping their assed trying to figure out why they are not making easy adjustments and calling plays that hide our deficiencies more... I mean, they both defended the o line and clabo when the issue was slightly pressed by the reporters. I wouldn't put my players on blast but I definitely wouldn't be defending the weakness they are contributing to the team.

my take from this press conference that I'm not really sure these realize the mistakes they are making. I'm not saying coaching is easy, but some of the calls are so questionable, you gotta wonder... I was a huge philbin supporter but like every other coach bashing thread here, he seems to lack that fire a coach needs to light one under the players asses... so with that said, do you think these guys can turn this around with more drafts and time or even this year??? I would like to see how this season pans out but if these guys don't change something soon its going to be a long painful road

Back
Top Bottom