Coaching Carousel 2015 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Carousel 2015

Something is up in East Lansing. They have had 3 commits de-commit in the last 2 days. Speculation that Dantonio may be leaving is being whispered, though mostly by Michigan fans. Some wonder if its coincidence or if their is a feeling starting to develop that Dantonio may be in play at South Carolina.

As for Jimmy, NFL teams have apparently reached out to the Harbaugh camp and the response was absolutely no freaking way.

Mizzou opening up as Gary Pinkel will retire at season's end due to health reasons.

Something is up in East Lansing. They have had 3 commits de-commit in the last 2 days. Speculation that Dantonio may be leaving is being whispered, though mostly by Michigan fans. Some wonder if its coincidence or if their is a feeling starting to develop that Dantonio may be in play at South Carolina.

As for Jimmy, NFL teams have apparently reached out to the Harbaugh camp and the response was absolutely no freaking way.

Apparently two more kids are about to decommit as well. The short answer from what I've heard is a lot of the kids committed early and MSU has a no visit policy, so the kids decommitted to visit.

But yes there are whispers of D'Antoni going to his alma mater, there are also whispers that a lot of kids were turned off by how Sparty players and coaches acted after the Michigan game

Rumors:

Rich Rod to South Carolina

Larry Fedora to Va Tech or Miami

South Carolina wants Tom Herman but Herman wants Va Tech

Maryland also wants Herman

Brady Hoke in play for UCF, Illinois or UVA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houston approved the new contract to try and keep Herman. Now they're gonna try and get him locked up long term.

Based on what I'm reading, as of right now Mario Cristobal is the favorite for the Miami job and Butch Davis is the fall back.

LSU is foolish. Prior to Saban they had 5 ten win seasons. Les Miles has 7. They need to look at Nebraska and rethink firing Les.

DJ Durkin was interviewed by Maryland. Reported that it went well but no offer yet.

Herman has said no to South Carolina. Looks like Kirby Smart is the favorite.

Tulane is dismissing Curtis Johnson

According to Maryland insiders the favorite for their job is Dan Mullen.

Looks like the North Texas job is between the TCU co-OCs Sonnie Cumbie and Doug Meachum and Houston OC Major Applewhite.

Rumors: Rich Rod to South Carolina

Get him outta the P12... He has Whittingham's #. Kyle W IMO will not go anywhere. He turned down Tennessee a few yrs ago.

It won't surprise me to see Joe Philbin return to the college ranks (as an OL coach/ passing game co-ord) in particular... Minnesota, Missouri, or even Syracuse.

p.s. I would love to see Dantonio as the phins next HC... Would Ross hire a Spartan?

Get him outta the P12... He has Whittingham's #. Kyle W IMO will not go anywhere. He turned down Tennessee a few yrs ago.

It won't surprise me to see Joe Philbin return to the college ranks (as an OL coach/ passing game co-ord) in particular... Minnesota, Missouri, or even Syracuse.

p.s. I would love to see Dantonio as the phins next HC... Would Ross hire a Spartan?

Question is will Dantonio leave. Never coached in the pros and will be 60 at the beginning of next season.

And I doubt Philbin goes to the college ranks again. Reportedly he hates recruiting.

And if what you said awhile ago about Whittingham and the AD burying the hatchet, don't see him leaving unless BYU opened. I know the local rumors around here (PA) was that Whittingham reached out to Penn State before Franklin was hired.

For those that don't feel like reading, this is what 247 is saying.

Justin Fuente to VTech which will open up the Memphis job and that Memphis would then look at Mizzou DC Barry Odom (who was DC there before) or USC Interim HC Clay Helton (who was an assistant at Memphis for 9 years)

South Carolina is focusing on Kirby Smart

Miami is either Cristobal or Butch

Dan Mullen to Maryland which then opens Miss State, so Sonny Dykes to Starkesville, then Oregon OC Scott Frost replaces him at Cal.

Dino Babers to Mizzou then Wake DC Mike Elko to Bowling Green.

Geoff Collins to UCF

Ken Niumatalolo or Willie Fritz to Iowa State then if Fritz takes that job, Penn State Co-DC Brent Pry to Georgia Southern

Illinois is a mess and will either go Bill Cubit staying or Southern Miss coach Todd Monken (who wants the job). if Monken gets it then SOuthern Miss would look at LSU RB coach Frank Wilson.

Notre Dame OC Mike Sanford to Syracuse.

If Tulane opens they look at ASU OC Mike Norvell

North Texas goes TCU OC Doug Meachum

Wash State DL coach Joe Salave'a or June Jones to Hawaii.

Didn't even bother w/ Louisiana Monroe

IF LSU opens either Tom Herman or Jimbo Fisher.

If Virginia opens they suggest Matt Rhule with PSU DC Bob Shoop taking over Temple.

If Rutgers opens they suggest PJ Fleck

so rumors are Les has already told the players he won't be coaching the bowl game. Also LSU insiders are convinced that they have Jimbo locked up.

Hawaii names Nevada OC Nick Rolovich the new HC. Rolovich was with Hawaii before and is a former player for them.

Back
Top Bottom