Coaching Carousel 2016 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Carousel 2016

Per Profootballtalk:

49'ers request permission to speak with the Chiefs Chris Ballard.
Josh McDaniels schedules interviews with the 49'ers, Rams, and Jaguars this week.
Doug Marrone is a candidate for the Rams job (:lol:).
Kyle Shanahan to interview for the Jaguars job this Friday.
Sean McVay expected to interview with the Rams this week.

Source: Sought-after Sean Payton talking future with Saints GM Mickey Loomis

The subject of Sean Payton's coaching future was broached when he met with New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis following Sunday's finale, a source told ESPN. And discussions are expected to continue into the week, as the Saints try to determine whether Payton will keep coaching in New Orleans or Loomis will be willing to explore a trade with another team.

NOLA.com reported that the Los Angeles Rams are expected to ask permission to speak with Payton this week and that Loomis would be open to a possible deal.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eans-saints-gm-mickey-loomis-regarding-future

Yup. He informed the locker room after the game and scheduled a press conference for tomorrow.

Some Broncos players are said to be whispering that they expect Wade Phillips to follow him out.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Good call, forgot about Lewis. While i think hes safe if he wants to return, there was talk of him being burned out on the coaching aspect and moving into the front office.

Yeah he has made the playoffs a ton but he has done nothing once he has gotten there. You have to wonder when is that going to not cut it anymore?

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

I was browsing a Bengals forum and apparently Marv already confirmed he'll be back. Bengal fans seem to hate Marv but love Dalton, and a lot seem to agree if Dalton had gone to Houston they would be Super Bowl contenders. Bengal fans are cray-cray.

Dalton playing for the Texans makes them Super Bowl contenders.....that doesn't even sound right.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
The #Jaguars are expected to interview #Bucs DC Mike Smith for their head coaching job, source said. He's been on their list for a while

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
The #Jaguars are expected to interview #Bucs DC Mike Smith for their head coaching job, source said. He's been on their list for a while

I've heard Coughlin is interviewing in Jacksonville as well...

2007_1304.jpg

The 49ers have fired G.M. Trent Baalke and coach Chip Kelly, a year after firing coach Jim Tomsula, and two years after “mutually parting ways” with coach Jim Harbaugh. But with all those dismissals and the team getting progressively worse, is there someone higher up in the organization who should be fired?

Not according to owner Jed York, who said at his press conference today that he remains in charge.

Asked why he shouldn’t be dismissed alongside Baalke and Kelly, York answered, “I own this football team. You don’t dismiss owners. I’m sorry that that’s the fact and that’s the case, but that’s the fact.

York did acknowledge at the outset of his press conference that the fans have every right to be upset with the product they’ve seen on the field.

“First, I want to let the fans know, I apologize for a 2-14 season and I apologize for being back here again and making a change,” York said.

But if the fans think the real change needs to be at the very top, York acknowledged, “Nothing I’m going to say is going to be a satisfactory answer.”

The only satisfactory answer would be a much, much better team than the 49ers have had since Harbaugh left.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-i-own-the-49ers-and-you-dont-dismiss-owners/

York is basically correct (his parents actually own it but they've essentially ceded responsibility to him). But there had to be a far less dickish way to handle this.

I doubt fans seriously expected the York family to sell the franchise in the next week or even the next month. But they are (rightfully) pissed and depressed and looking for some sliver of hope that things will turn around under this comedian. Insisting "my dick is bigger than yours so no" is not the most diplomatic solution.

Best case scenario they land a Mike Shanahan type, someone who has enough credibility to amass enough authority to fight off this asshat when he gets ginned up. Otherwise i can't see anyway this ends positively for San Francisco.

I pray to God the Dolphins are savvy enough give Jed a ring and pry loose Navorro Bowman.

C1MNqN3W8AEDBl9.jpg

[tweet]816008982150152200[/tweet]
[tweet]815994137317150720[/tweet]
[tweet]815999423499169792[/tweet]
[tweet]816006279219081217[/tweet]
[tweet]816011541208186880[/tweet]

Sean McDermott going to the Bills is the last ****ing thing i want to happen.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-i-own-the-49ers-and-you-dont-dismiss-owners/

York is basically correct (his parents actually own it but they've essentially ceded responsibility to him). But there had to be a far less dickish way to handle this.

I doubt fans seriously expected the York family to sell the franchise in the next week or even the next month. But they are (rightfully) pissed and depressed and looking for some sliver of hope that things will turn around under this comedian. Insisting "my dick is bigger than yours so no" is not the most diplomatic solution.

Best case scenario they land a Mike Shanahan type, someone who has enough credibility to amass enough authority to fight off this asshat when he gets ginned up. Otherwise i can't see anyway this ends positively for San Francisco.

I pray to God the Dolphins are savvy enough give Jed a ring and pry loose Navorro Bowman.

He had one valid point, he kept saying over and over...the GM and head coach have to be on the same page, tied at the hip.

@RapSheet: With a great situation in KC & an excellent relationship wih GM John Dorsey, #Chiefs personnel man Chris Ballarwd won't interview with #49ers

Not us for once :lol: tho id love it if ballard was our gm

Baalke supposedly refused to talk to the staff about what players they liked.

Mike McCoy was just kind of there. Was able to get production out of a limited offense, but his teams were always ravaged with injuries.

Looks like jets are about to fire kacy rodgers

You should never have left Kacy, would have been great with suh

The jump from position coach to Coordinator can be a bit much. Kacey is a guru as a DL coach, but he did seem a bit out of his depth at DC

@JayGlazer: Wanna clarify, Chip never told me Trent undercut him. I did, however, hear it from several others. (cont) http://tl.gd/nnakp7

Chip could end up as OC in NE. He was going to take a job under palpatine when the SF job turned up last year

After being a hot fh name last year.... mike shula really came back down to earth

Back
Top Bottom