Coaching Hypothetical: RT starts, struggles, Fins down at Half . . . What do u do? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Hypothetical: RT starts, struggles, Fins down at Half . . . What do u do?

What would you do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the coaching staff thought that way I think THill would have been pulled in Texas

That's honest, though I'm sure not many would agree with you . . . . but it would be interesting if that same first half we had against the Texans happened against the Colts . . . I think Matt Moore would have a few more supporters, especially after the solid game he put up against the Jets and Tannehill's injury fresh in people's minds.

Dont get me wrong,I am totally cool with Moore always have been always will be,but he didn't light up the Jets defense.He played within his means as one would hope.Also...

If RT struggles due to limping or has a noticable weak pass due to his injury or takes a couple bad hits due to him favoring the leg,that would be a no brainer.

But if we get behind and the leg isnt the direct reason,he plays till the end.

Well, I feel Moore should start this Sunday and lets not rush Tanny back just yet.

Now if Moore struggles and Tanny feels good enough to go in there, then bring him in.

There were a few experts out there that said Chad Henne was the future and the answer as well.

I personally do not feel it is worth taking the risk, if Moore struggles, Tanny comes in at the half and struggles, and/or further hampers his injury, then we get a double whammy of negative stuff going on.

Remember, we should be 6-1.

Bring Tannehill in if we need some sort of spark.

My 3 cents.....

d-1

Well, I feel Moore should start this Sunday and lets not rush Tanny back just yet.

Now if Moore struggles and Tanny feels good enough to go in there, then bring him in.

There were a few experts out there that said Chad Henne was the future and the answer as well.

I personally do not feel it is worth taking the risk, if Moore struggles, Tanny comes in at the half and struggles, and/or further hampers his injury, then we get a double whammy of negative stuff going on.

Remember, we should be 6-1.

Bring Tannehill in if we need some sort of spark.

My 3 cents.....

d-1

that's just dumb. If Tannehill is healthy enough to come in and "give us a spark" in the second half, he should be starting the game. He's the franchise's future. Hes not some guy you bring in off the bench for a spark if/when Moore struggles...

Dont get me wrong,I am totally cool with Moore always have been always will be,but he didn't light up the Jets defense.He played within his means as one would hope.Also...

If RT struggles due to limping or has a noticable weak pass due to his injury or takes a couple bad hits due to him favoring the leg,that would be a no brainer.

But if we get behind and the leg isnt the direct reason,he plays till the end.
This and tbh none of moore's throws on sunday were really that impressive and should be made by most QB's. I think it was more on how bad Jets CBs are and the several errors they made. Wilson or whoever got burned a lot and left Gaffney/Moore/Fasano wiiiiiiide open for his completions. What moore did that was a good job was never turning the ball over and not ****ing up on those throws to wide open receivers.

I feel we can win this game with Matt Moore and don't feel its worth taking the risk of further injuring Tannehill's knee.

Let Ryan Tannehill rest and let Moore lead this offense.

I read on this board Ryan had his knee drained...?

I can't imagine in 1 week he's knee is going to be 100%.

d-1

that's just dumb. If Tannehill is healthy enough to come in and "give us a spark" in the second half, he should be starting the game. He's the franchise's future. Hes not some guy you bring in off the bench for a spark if/when Moore struggles...

I would only take him out if his injury is affecting his game or if he is risking greater injury. I want him to learn from his mistakes this year.

The next change at QB will be 15 years from now, any game situation shouldn't change that outside of injuries!

You gotta trust that whatever the coaching staff comes up with is the right call, If RT is going to be effective than u play him, if he isn't you play a healthy MM.

by this logic, you would bench Eli Manning every game at halftime. theres no way you can take him out, even if he has a 3 pick performance in the first half as you suggested, he has to learn from it, deal with it, and make halftime adjustments.

I feel we can win this game with Matt Moore and don't feel its worth taking the risk of further injuring Tannehill's knee.

Let Ryan Tannehill rest and let Moore lead this offense.

I read on this board Ryan had his knee drained...?

I can't imagine in 1 week he's knee is going to be 100%.

d-1
Getting your knee's drain is nothing serious and many QB's start despite not being 100%

If he struggles and is healthy you leave him in. I like Moore and on the contrary to some fans I think he is more than just a convenient punching ball and just serviceable but you don't pull your starter if he struggles - rookie or not. This is not college football.

If he struggles because of injury I pull him to give my team a chance with a capable and healthy QB and to avoid further more serious injury.

I think Matt Moore will start and finish Sunday's game, and the Phins will win it 23-17.

by this logic, you would bench Eli Manning every game at halftime. theres no way you can take him out, even if he has a 3 pick performance in the first half as you suggested, he has to learn from it, deal with it, and make halftime adjustments.

First of all, comparing Tannehill for 6 games to a 2 time Super Bowl champ in Eli and arguably the best QB in the game is just ridiculous.

And if you don't know your history . . . . something similar happened to Eli Manning when he was a rookie. He had a ZERO passer rating in a game he started against the Ravens and was benched in the 2nd half for Kurt Warner . . . but started the following week. Didn't damage him too badly did it?

First of all, comparing Tannehill for 6 games to a 2 time Super Bowl champ in Eli and arguably the best QB in the game is just ridiculous.

And if you don't know your history . . . . something similar happened to Eli Manning when he was a rookie. He had a ZERO passer rating in a game he started against the Ravens and was benched in the 2nd half for Kurt Warner . . . but started the following week. Didn't damage him too badly did it?

when did i ever EVER compare the two? your logic is flawed..

Back
Top Bottom