Coaching Staff Grades | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Staff Grades

phinz_54

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Searched and found no other threads so...

Head Coach-Saban- B+
Rookie coach with much success in college, but look at Spurrier, had success every where he's been, smart, Belechek disicple from Cleveland, look at how the Pats are doin.

O. Coor.- Linehan- A
Inherits a BAD Offense, but lead a great offense last year in Minny.

D. Coor.- Smith- C+
Lion's Assistant H. Coach/Linebackers last year, they did okay, 2 linebackers above 100 tackles, D- allowed 117 rushing yds./game, 10 rushing td's.

Speacil Teams- Armstrong- A
Last year did okay, Mare, Turk, Welker all good, Bua defensivly. Shouldn't worry about this now.

O-Line- Houck- A- Great coach, inherits a bad line, worked magic in S.D. who knows.

QB's- Garrett- C
A QB coach who's a QB, Go figure! Garrett was a back up to Aikmen in Dallas, never a permanent starter himself.

RB's-B. William's-B-
HC at Mich. St. last yr., Saban's other coaching job (connection), developed Deandre Cobb as a rb for him in college w/ 7.6 yds. per carry!

WR-Bagget-A
Worked w/ Linehan in Minny, coached Moss, led a great recieving core.

D-Line-Quinn-?
Anyone know anything about him, can't find a thing.

Linebackers-G. Edwards-?
Same here...

D. Backs- Phillips-A+
Led one of the best pass d's last year for us, should be worse this year w/o Surtain, Knight, Freeman, but is a good coach.

What do you guys think?
Am i close?

Dolfan4life! said:
I think trying to give grades to the staff at this point is pointless.

I'm bored and wanna hear what you think of the coaches, now i know what you think of me.

phinz_54 said:
I'm bored and wanna hear what you think of the coaches, now i know what you think of me.
Asking what we think about our coaches and giving them grades are two different things. What are we grading them on, how they did in college, how they conducted mini-camp, etc? You see what I mean. But it's just my opinion and not a verbal attack on you. I'm sorry if you took it that way. The only thing I think of you is that you're a Dolfan and that's a good thing.;)

A year ago, Houck was in San Diego, coming off a horrible 2003 season with the Chargers and entering the last year of his contract as part of a lame-duck coaching staff. He then molded a ragtag unit with five new starters  none of them first-round picks  into a cohesive group. A year later, he is in Miami and is one of the highest-paid assistants in the NFL. -From Houck from espn insider
He didn't do anything until his last year of his contract, when he needed to perform. That's my reasoning for grading Houck A-. vbmenu_register("postmenu_1296581", true);

phinz_54 said:
Searched and found no other threads so...

Head Coach-Saban- B+
Rookie coach with much success in college, but look at Spurrier, had success every where he's been, smart, Belechek disicple from Cleveland, look at how the Pats are doin.

:confused: I guess I missed the year Spurrier took the Redskins to the playoffs. :confused:

phinz_54 said:
Head Coach-Saban- B+
Rookie coach with much success in college, but look at Spurrier, had success every where he's been, smart, Belechek disicple from Cleveland, look at how the Pats are doin. QUOTE]
Sry, meant it to be Saban ha much success in college, but look what happened to Spurrier, (continueing about Saban) he (Saban) has had success everywhere he's been.
:( sry

overall- good, i do think saban deserves an A nothing more nothing less, as for the rest pretty decent my friend

Back
Top Bottom