Cobbs may have been coach's pet, but is he still effective? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cobbs may have been coach's pet, but is he still effective?

Cobbs is a good player without question, but he won't get too much playing time unless Brown goes down again. We'll see how they use Cobbs this year. It should be interesting.
i don't no if that's necessarily true. cobbs most effective year for us was when Ronnie and Ricky were both healthy for the whole season. i do not think cobbs is that good of a runner, but in terms of catching screen passes etc, i think hes real good at that.

remember that screen pay he took all the way to the house vs Houston in 08? plays like that are what i like to see out of him, and hopefully his acl will cooperate and he will get that bursting speed back.

How does he make holes for Ronnie and Ricky?

you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

Cobbs' blocking in the WC was a thing of beauty, and was really what made it work so well. He is one of the best blockers in open space i can remember ever seeing. Every time Ricky made yards on the jet sweep was cuz cobbs had leveled a path for him. Go back and focus on him during the WC plays and you'll see for yourself.

i don't no if that's necessarily true. cobbs most effective year for us was when Ronnie and Ricky were both healthy for the whole season. i do not think cobbs is that good of a runner, but in terms of catching screen passes etc, i think hes real good at that.

remember that screen pay he took all the way to the house vs Houston in 08? plays like that are what i like to see out of him, and hopefully his acl will cooperate and he will get that bursting speed back.
He's a good pass catcher, but it didn't seem like he catches a lot of screen passes. Also if we are thinking of the same play, wasn't that play a wildcat where he caught the long pass from Pennington.

He's a good pass catcher, but it didn't seem like he catches a lot of screen passes. Also if we are thinking of the same play, wasn't that play a wildcat where he caught the long pass from Pennington.
he had 2 tds that game, first one was the penny wildcat one, 2nd was the screen play.

Cobbs also did have, as someone mentioned above, a run in the Jax game gaining 9 yds, during which he made a couple cuts that looked like vintage Tomlinson. I'm just sayin.

Cobbs has talent. I think he got way ahead of himself last year and tried to do too much. That's the quickest way to get injured. As long as Miami uses him moderately and to his strengths, I think he will do well again this season backing up Ricky and Ronnie. I would use him more in the offense than at KR. Miami really needs someone who prides them self on KRs. I think KR might be the biggest hole right now. They need to find someone to return the kicks soon.

Yea rewatch the Jags game Cobb's had some nice plays. I think we judge our players harder than players on other teams and you would want coobbs to look like a beast but as a third option we could do much worse. Especially considering the versatility he provides.

Cobbs has talent. I think he got way ahead of himself last year and tried to do too much. That's the quickest way to get injured. As long as Miami uses him moderately and to his strengths, I think he will do well again this season backing up Ricky and Ronnie. I would use him more in the offense than at KR. Miami really needs someone who prides them self on KRs. I think KR might be the biggest hole right now. They need to find someone to return the kicks soon.
Like I have said Cobbs is a good player if used sparingly. The one thing I hope that doesn't end ip happening is that he is returning kicks.

Cobbs is a good player wihout question, but he won't get too much playing time unless Brown goes down again. We'll see how they use Cobbs this year. It should be interesting.

Why do you think that Cobb's PT depends on Brown? It's amazing how much he got on the field even with R&R here. That of course could change, but if they were to use Cobbs anything like he was used before, I don't think I'd say he won't get PT with Brown around.

He does things that R&R can't do as well. That's why he's out there for those packages.

im always amazed at how much ppl on this board have short-memories. Cobbs was huge in the wildcat in 08, and after HE went down that whole dynamic of our Offense took a huge hit. Cobbs is a good player only b/c he can fill so many duties. he wont get many snaps at RB in normal formations, but he never did...hes the 3rd RB.

How has no one brought up his special teams? ST Ace.

Like some one already said as a primary back he will never be good. But a good comparison for Cobbs is Kevin Fault of the Patriots. Quick, Shifty, good hands, great on ST. A player that will make the team a lot better without a doubt. Now this is pre injury, so well see how he responds is one thing. Also Faulk is a better version, but the point remains

No.

[video=youtube;BjEfmWpVPWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjEfmWpVPWM&feature=related[/video]

One of the reasons Cam was expendable is because Cobbs can split out wide and run routes pretty damn effectively. He's good at getting off the press, accelerating up field, and running his routes. Got good hips and can explode out of his cuts.

Back
Top Bottom