Cobbs may have been coach's pet, but is he still effective? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cobbs may have been coach's pet, but is he still effective?

The Front Office seem to love his versatility. The dude can line up as tail back, slot receiver, on kick coverages, return kicks, wildcat packages, etc.

Having a guy like Cobbs, who you can slot into so many positions and do a solid job is invaluable IMO.

im always amazed at how much ppl on this board have short-memories. Cobbs was huge in the wildcat in 08, and after HE went down that whole dynamic of our Offense took a huge hit. Cobbs is a good player only b/c he can fill so many duties. he wont get many snaps at RB in normal formations, but he never did...hes the 3rd RB.

I didn't ever forget what he did, but the minute he got injured I thought his time may be over. For a guy who never had elite skills, I thought the ACL tear would/could really slow him down. I think that Camarillo, who was never fast to begin with, slowed a bit with the knee injury. I wasn't sure that Cobbs would be useful after that. Time will really tell, but he has looked good so far.

I think Cobbs is actually underrated. He was a huge part of so many plays before he got hurt. And because he's underrated, other teams don't pay much attention to him (a positive for the phins).

To the person who said they would take Hillard over Cobbs, I must respectfully disagree. Hillard is like a slower, vanilla, less explosive version of RB...without the passing skills...Cobbs brings something different to the table.

its funny how this thread turned from a cobbs bashfest to a cobbs lovefest, i guess they all got scared away from bashing him when everyone else chimed in. the notion that cobbs is not an important part of our offense is laughable... and he should most definitely be here before lex. what has lex shown us? a big 89 yards last year for a 3.9 yard average behind an above average line? (not to mention 20 of those yards came on one run). does he catch outta the backfield or play special teams both ways? lex is overrated and frankly i dont see the obsession with him.

He whiffed badly a few times in pass protection versus the Jags and got Thigpen killed. That was a bit disconcerting. You hope it's just a rust thing, because you can't have that out of your third down back. His running was merely meh, I thought. But let's remember the guy is still rehabbing from that ACL. I know he's had an easier rehab than most but he's still a human being and there are limits to how fast you can recover from that injury.

Back
Top Bottom