Cold Pizza Reporting....... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cold Pizza Reporting.......

I like Mora. I think he s a good guy. But he has stated "jokingly" about going back to college and coaching. We don't need someone who has that sort of mindset. My dream coach would be Holmgren, but that is not going to happen, Marty Schott would be at least a solid replacement who could get us on the winning track, Chan Gailey coached Florida so, being a Seminole, there is now way I can root for that Fat Gator. What we need is some fool to come in and install a West Coast flashy offense in South Florida. Call it the South Beach Offense.

Agree. With the Saban thing and Mora's Washington comment, you can bet that Wayne will cover his butt, big time. Probably with a VERY large buyout clause.

The large buyout will do what exactly? The only thing it does is physically prevent hium from leaving. But in the great scheme of things - You may end up with a coach here who doesn't want to be here (which in my opinion) is worse than him just leaving... Football is a passionate game, the players and the coaches need to be passionate. If a coach is stuck in a place because he has a large buyout, thats not necessarily a good thing...

Say No to Mora Jr.

I'm alright with Mora Jr. I think the Phins need to go with a young, hungry guy who could potentially be an up and comer.

Now they need a strong GM to go with him, although I believe Mueller can be that guy as he's proven that in the past.

The common misconception is that Jim Mora Jr. would somehow bring Atlanta's offense to Miami.

That could happen...if Atlanta fires their offensive coaching staff and Miami hires them.

But otherwise, Mora is a DEFENSIVE guy. There's no reason to believe he has any offensive know-how. So unless he brings his Atlanta offensive staff to Miami, he brings nothing to the offense.

And plus, it would mean we fire Hudson Houck. Houck does not coach an Atlanta/Denver/Houston style run blocking scheme. Atlanta's OL are coached by Alex Gibbs (or his underlings)...and Houck does not coach with Gibbs style.

Jim Mora just doesn't make sense to me.

I would think if it's Mora, than that assures Mularkey is gone. Doesn't Mora run the WCO? I don't think Mularkey would adapt to running on offense that isn't his two years in a row and quite frankly, I don't think Mora would keep him anyways.

i don't think that mora is attached to the wco, knapp just happened to be available after mooch got canned and mora took him to atl w/ him.

and i agree w/ ck, mora doesn't make sense. gailey seems to be a much better fit b/c he is an offensive guy and has already worked with 4 members of our coaching staff in the past, which seems to be a sticking point w/ wh (a ready made staff). i'll believe that mora is our coach when he steps the the podium.

right now i will be happy with whoever they hire. i think that wayne is doing the right thing Especially after what " he who should not be named" did to us. the dolphins brass dont want to make the same mistake.

Mora or Gailey = I order NFL Sunday Ticket... Martz, Carroll or Cameron = Season Tix...

Agree. With the Saban thing and Mora's Washington comment, you can bet that Wayne will cover his butt, big time. Probably with a VERY large buyout clause.

You people are so naive, Wayne could of kept Saban by all reports. Sabans HEART wasn't in it so the decision was made. If Mora wanted to go how would there be any differance regardless if there is a buy out clause or not. Do you really want a Head Coach who is, simply, being strong armed to coach the team.

In addition Mora or Gaily just arn't Head Coaches that fit when you hear things like "cost isn't the issue", "win now", etc. They are 2nd tier guys AT BEST!

Wayne is lying to you with his actions as much as Saban ever did in his interviews.

This is all so pathetic. The franchise is a circus now.

I hope they give it to Garrett. Lets see what he can do.:cooldude:

Considering that they prevented his interviewing elsewhere and he turned down Saban, I'd say Jason Garrett is being positioned to take over as OC or at least kept right where he is to make SURE Culpepper is getting back to Pro Bowl form.

I too would like to see what Garrett can do. Hell, he can't do any worse than Mularkey/Saban last year. Then again, considering Saban's dictatorial style, who knows if Mularkey was really the one abandoning the run so quickly?

In looking at the numbers, Gailey seems the better choice, especially given what he was able to do with Fiedler as QB. But then, you can't discount the fact that Jim Mora Jr was able to get the Falcons to the NFC Championship his first year. Either way, I'm taking a "wait and see" approach to ANYONE who comes in here.

Hope is a dangerous thing, as it's often fleeting. We should know.

I like Mora Jr. Am I the only one?

No, I like him to if my choices were between Gaily and Jim. But I wouldn't mind getting Marty S. if he is available because he can at least get us to the playoffs. Who cares if he can't win in the playoffs the dolphins just need to get there in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom