Cold Pizza Reporting....... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cold Pizza Reporting.......

Looks like a lose lose situation to me...Mora is terrible. Check the demise of his last two teams in the second half of the season.

No doubt Atlanta fizzled down the stretch for two straight years.

But all of that can't be laid on the feet of Mora, though, I would expect him as HC to assume the blame.

Whenever you have a player like Mike Vick, who can suck the oxygen out of a franchise, you are susceptible to swoons and such.

And don't be surprised to see the Falcons try to ship M. Vick to Oakland for the first pick in the upcoming draft. I guarantee you its been thought about. They have a guy who isn't a superstar, but is effective, in Matt Schaub. They need better WRs, they need better Oline play in pass protection, they need some defense.

For all Vick brings a team, he can also prevent it from winning. And what are you to do, bench him? Its crazy like that. I think that Petrino will try to move Vick and get a more manageable QB situation.

This whole thing has me puzzled unless Mora has told the Dolphin organization that he isn't married to a WCO. Not only is our OL completely wrong for that style, but Duante just isn't a WCO QB to me and Harrington has already struggled in that type of offense (actually you could say Harrington struggles in practically every type of offense, but I won't get into that).

Good. Then get rid of both QBs. Bring in two new ones. What are you afraid of, that getting rid of these guys will cause us to miss the playoffs? As for our oline, I think they could learn a new blocking scheme (more of a zone scheme) as easy as they could continue to do that crap we had under Saban.

And I think that the "A. Gibbs system" makes it easier to find Olinemen. They don't have to be 300 lbs to succeed. For years when Denver was leading the league in rushing they had the smallest Oline in the league.

I have no problem with that type of system either, but then there needs to be some major rebuilding with the offensive line, which is more huge than athletic. And to me, the fact that they seemed to be going with an experienced head coach and keeping their assistants tells me the gameplan may not be to rebuild.

The HC will determine the direction of the franchise (vis a vis rebuilding). He can rebuild with some of the same assistants. They may be asked to do different things..but a position coach is more of a fundamentals teacher anyway. And the fundamentals are basically the same. Pads low, head up, feet moving, block through the man, tackle through the ball, see what you hit, catch the ball away from the body at the highest point, etc, etc, etc.

In the Saban Circus they were asked to juggle hoops, in Coach New Guys circus they are asked to juggle baseballs. One under other, left to right, whatever.

I have one gift when it comes to watching football. I can tell if a guy can coach and I can usually do it after one season plus a game or two.

Ask me after 16 games if this guy has what it takes to get us back on track. Trust me, whoever the guy is, I won't be emotionally attached to him. And if he sucks, I'll let it be known. I won't sugarcoat it and I won't make excuses.

But if he comes in a makes some hard personnel decisions and breaks a few balls, inserts some youth on defense and has the right attitude, I don't think we are in the dire straits everyone else does.

Rebuilding takes time! somthing we dont have... If we wana win this thing we have about 2 years to do it! but for now all i can do is pray that Manning has the greatest game of his life this up coming weekend!

Re-building takes one year. Look at the Saints. It can be done. It just must be done right.

Back
Top Bottom