Colin Cowherd leaving ESPN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colin Cowherd leaving ESPN

I am neutral on Cowherd. Sometimes I like his points, sometimes he comes off as an elitist snob.

I don't think what he said was offensive at all. It seemed to me he was not ripping the intelligence of Dominican players, just the education system in general.
I played a lot of baseball growing up and in college, and Colin's original point was spot on. It is not rocket science. In fact, the less thinking you do in game the better.
Funny story, I had a coach in college at a mid major D1 program with pretty high education standards. He went on a rant about needing less smart guys bc they think too much. It was prompted by a guy with a 4.0, pre med etc (who is a doctor now) who was 6' 2 had a ton of power, a cannon arm and could really run. he was struggling at the plate, and he couldn't understand how he had so much talent and was not hitting in the game. He came to the conclusion it was bc all these "smart guys" think too much.
This has nothing to do with Cowherd's statements on Dominican players, just his original point about baseball not being that complicated.
Cowherd has to know, you can't say anything remotely controversial about any group of people.

I believe the network is better without him. I found him annoying.

How is the network "better" without him when he had the #1 nationally syndicated sports radio show?

I imagine it's not easy to replace that. Seems to me this is the equivalent of replacing a starting QB with very few options on the market.

Now that football season is back in gear, I usually put my radio on AM while driving to get my football fix in. Had it on at Cowherd's usual time slot, which I normally do, and it was very dull. I don't who it was but I changed the station. Sucks that he is gone.

Now that football season is back in gear, I usually put my radio on AM while driving to get my football fix in. Had it on at Cowherd's usual time slot, which I normally do, and it was very dull. I don't who it was but I changed the station. Sucks that he is gone.

It's atrocious radio.

Guarantee the ESPN ratings are falling at a similar rate to the current Wall Street debacle.

It's looking like they're going to give Cowherd's old slot to the Le Batard Show which is easily my favorite. It'll take some getting used to since I've listened to Dan and Stugotz and their current slot for years, but it doesn't matter much.

It's looking like they're going to give Cowherd's old slot to the Le Batard Show which is easily my favorite. It'll take some getting used to since I've listened to Dan and Stugotz and their current slot for years, but it doesn't matter much.

Le Batard was the most obvious choice if ESPN wants to get some of those 10:00AM - 1:00PM listeners to return. Wise option.

Le Batard was the most obvious choice if ESPN wants to get some of those 10:00AM - 1:00PM listeners to return. Wise option.

I'll stick to Cowherd's show which starts in a couple weeks.

I'll stick to Cowherd's show which starts in a couple weeks.

Does it? I will definitely follow but I have not looked into his new show. I heard that despite being let go from ESPN, his new show wouldn't begin until the end of the year. His contract with ESPN was up at the end of the year so it made sense that a new show wouldn't begin until about that time. I assumed that Colin would take a lengthy vacation to focus on his new book and wine adventures.

Does it? I will definitely follow but I have not looked into his new show. I heard that despite being let go from ESPN, his new show wouldn't begin until the end of the year. His contract with ESPN was up at the end of the year so it made sense that a new show wouldn't begin until about that time. I assumed that Colin would take a lengthy vacation to focus on his new book and wine adventures.

Not sure if something has changed since the following tweet, but I hope not:

[tweet]633011847281512448[/tweet]

I don't hate Le Batard (except for the terrible rants and yelling), but I'll listen to Cowherd over his show any day. I may tune into Le Batard on days Cowherd is out of town, depending on the replacement.

Back
Top Bottom