Colin Cowherd - Rogers and Dolphins... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colin Cowherd - Rogers and Dolphins...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Colin Cowherd stated that Aaron Rodgers and our Miami Dolphins are "a perfect fit." I agree wholeheartedly! You?

Check out the video below...

how do we have fans that with this roster prefer tua over rodgers or watson?

we haven't been relevant in 20+ years and they'd rather double down on their man crush than become an instant super bowl contender.

give X more guaranteed money and trade the early picks grier is going to **** up anyway and lets make a run. tampa did. why can't we?

I'm at the point to buy a Superbowl so Rodgers be awesome for 3 years. Then we draft QB in 2023. Tell Rodgers ofcourse 1st and let him learn

I don't believe in building a team with a 1 or 2 year window. Bring in Rodgers and in two years you'll be looking to draft a new qb and taking an addional two or three years to prep the qb of the future for the job.,

And tell me again Super Bowl XLV how long ago was that? How many Super Bowls have they made it to since the last one over 10 years ago?
He was NFL MVP last year for heaven’s sake. Not gonna sit here and try to convince you that Rodgers makes us a SB contender. If you don’t see it, I can’t help you.

The only snag I have; it's likely nothing, in regards to Rodgers is his age (37) versus Watson (25), if a DW trade unfolds. I mean how many more years in the NFL does Rodgers have?

I still want AR.

I wholeheartedly agree. Miami is the perfect fit for him. We have a decent young and deep OL, with quality and depth at WR and a stud-filled TE corps. We lack a good RB, but we have serviceable players there too. It's a defensive coach who will get the defense generating turnovers so Rodgers has lots of cracks at the ball, and we shouldn't need many shootout wins. The coach is likely to stay out of Rodger's hair because he's a defensive coach, so Rodgers can bring in what he wants, and he's such a massive upgrade over everyone in the division and what we've had at QB for so long ... he'll have his say on how the locker room runs.

We have resources to trade, and a young QB if they want him. This trade could happen and if it did we would instantly become a Super Bowl contender. Rodger's shelf-life is probably only around 5 more years, but we really have no guarantees that our current team ever becomes good enough to compete for Super Bowls ... so it would make a lot of sense to take this shot. That said ... I doubt Grier and Flo want to take that risk. Their jobs are safe building us into a solid team with the hope we could become more.

Would Rodgers want to come? No idea .... probably not if he wants to run Jeopardy, but if that's not his goal, then AFC, great weather, taxes, division, coaching setup, town, etc. ... it probably is the perfect landing spot for him if he gets to choose. The Packer's aren't trading him .... but if they did, we could probably put together as attractive of a package as any team in the NFL. Media aren't talking about it ... but the thought sure crossed my mind!

Would I gamble on greatness? Yes. He's the best QB in the NFL and has been for many years, IMHO. He's likely to be a top 5 or 10 QB for the next 5 years. I'll take that window. I still remember greatness ... and I damn sure miss Marino. This franchise simply hasn't been the same since the magic of Marino retired. We have spent the last couple decades dining on stale bread ... and I miss top sirloin.

Perfect fit now and perfect fit nine months from now might be a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom