College Campus Updates on Players in the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College Campus Updates on Players in the draft

paulomac77

Hoosier Fin Fan
Reaction score
I kind of thought it would be cool if everybody that is in college or had a personal encounter with a draft prospect to share any stories or anything that would be of interest when evaluating players.

Unfortunately I go to INDIANA so there is not much I can share this year or any year for that matter. However last year I did have a talk with WR James Hardy who the Bills drafted in the 2nd and Hardy told me that he basically was learning alot about how to play the position. At the time I didnt think much of it, as I was real high on Hardy last year, but after one full season he really failed to make an impact for Buffalo who doesnt have much talent at WR to begin with.

So FINHEAVEN, lets see what we can come up with. Any and all stories are welcome, good and bad, I want to read something I cant find in a google search.

During my high school days I managed to play against Michigan State RB Javon Ringer, and several players from Bowling Green that won't get drafted.

If you can believe it, Ringer was actually the backup on his high school team as a sophomore when we met them in the playoffs. Unfortunately his team got the better of us 32-21 in a monsoon (we were a dominant passing offense). A teammate of Ringer's is current Michigan S Brandon Harrison.

This was before Ringer's ACL tear his senior year, and let me tell you, prior to that the guy had moves on top of moves. He carved up our team for 150 yds rushing by himself - and we'd only let up two 100 team performances in the 12 previous games. I remember our head coach telling us not to be too dissapointed because "that kid is going to play on Sundays" in reference to Ringer. Turns out our coach was right.

I've also played against Ohio State TE Jake Ballard twice, back in high school, and got the better of his team twice: 47-0 and 30-9. He was only a freshman and sophomore those to years, and was actually a better DE than he was a TE in high school. He might offer some versatility that way, but I don't think he's the 2nd coming of Connor Barwin. I will say, he was probably the toughest player I ever had to block as a TE.

One of my good friends from college was the QB of Louisville C Eric Wood's high school team. Says Eric is looking forward to the draft and being able to help out a team in NFL. Hasn't heard from him much lately as he's working out a lot.

I know Antone Smith isn't a top prospect RB but I played him in high school and he was a beast. I also played Martavious odoms the wr on Michigan, Nukese Richardson, the Wr who burned the Gators. Anquan Boldin also played at their school. Basically they all say they are gonna work.hard to make it to sundays and anquan did it.

Back
Top Bottom