College Coaching Changes | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College Coaching Changes

Re: Louisville coaching search

AD Tom Jurich has interviewed 7 candidates per the story below. Card Chronicle is a blog but it is the best U of L blog on the web and Mike Rutherford is very responsible in running it. You can take it to the bank that this list is legit. The interest in Petrino surprises me and I hope he isn't the final choice. We should know something within the next 48 hours.

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2014/1...ewed-petrino-narduzzi-derek-mason-chad-morris

Sounds like a strong list but I hope it isn't Petrino as he is a schmuck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sounds like a strong list but I hope it isn't Petrino as he is a schmuck!

Unfortunately I've got it on good authority that Western Kentucky OC Jeff Brohm is going to be the new head coach at Western Kentucky University which means the next coach of the University of Louisville will be one Robert Petrino Jr.

Unfortunately I've got it on good authority that Western Kentucky OC Jeff Brohm is going to be the new head coach at Western Kentucky University which means the next coach of the University of Louisville will be one Robert Petrino Jr.

I never liked him. He is a very good coach and recruits well, but I put him on the same moral level as Lane Kiffin. I don't know if he is really all that bad but I just always got that kind of feeling from him.

I never liked him. He is a very good coach and recruits well, but I put him on the same moral level as Lane Kiffin. I don't know if he is really all that bad but I just always got that kind of feeling from him.

Actually he really doesn't recruit all that well. I guess you could say his recruiting is "meh". He very rarely gets 4 or 5 stars, most 3s and 2s. He coaches them up. He's a hell of an offensive football coach though. My disagreement on the hire had more to do with football philosophy reasons. Strong was rebuilding the program in the mold of an SEC team. Power run with a hard hitting defense. You have to do that if you want to win a National Title. FSU had a fast athletic defense with a good QB this season. This past U of L team was the same way, we just didn't have the schedule to get us ranked high. Petrino doesn't care enough about defense. His offensive philosophy puts too much stress on the defense. He's going to win here for sure but unless he recruits better, I don't think he's going to get over that hump and win a National Title. And in my eyes, that's what its all about.

Another thing that another U of L fan brought up on Twitter: "It's hard to be really happy with a coach no one else wants"

I guess that sums it up for me.

That's horrible news. I'm sorry.

That's horrible news. I'm sorry.

It is what it is. We'll win games, especially with the returning offensive talent. WR DeVante Parker will be 1st team all-ACC next season, you can mark that one down. Rumor running now is that Randy Shannon is up for DC on the staff.

It is what it is. We'll win games, especially with the returning offensive talent. WR DeVante Parker will be 1st team all-ACC next season, you can mark that one down. Rumor running now is that Randy Shannon is up for DC on the staff.

Actually.Lou...I think this great for you guys...(1)Petrino is a GREAT coach (2)He knows,he has to nail this one (3) I think he has learned a hard lesson...he isn't the only older guy that ran around
on his wife...not a good thing,but really...It's not the worse.
While Strong to me is a good coach that will keep you consistantly good,Petrino can pull off a title.
Strong HAS to get off to a great start at Texas or there will be problems...already grumblings with the boosters..ie Red McCombs...
I feel it's going to work out better for you guys.
Charlie Strong with a good team doesn't scare me,..Petrino with a good team scares me...Roll Tide

Al Borges fired as Michigan OC. Dude was 4th highest paid assistant in the nation and could not scheme.

Greg Roman interviewed for the PSU job yesterday. He really wanted the job last time around

Al Borges fired as Michigan OC. Dude was 4th highest paid assistant in the nation and could not scheme.

Greg Roman interviewed for the PSU job yesterday. He really wanted the job last time around

Borges was a good OC with Auburn,...with talent......Michigan just hasn't got any talent.

Actually.Lou...I think this great for you guys...(1)Petrino is a GREAT coach (2)He knows,he has to nail this one (3) I think he has learned a hard lesson...he isn't the only older guy that ran around
on his wife...not a good thing,but really...It's not the worse.
While Strong to me is a good coach that will keep you consistantly good,Petrino can pull off a title.
Strong HAS to get off to a great start at Texas or there will be problems...already grumblings with the boosters..ie Red McCombs...
I feel it's going to work out better for you guys.
Charlie Strong with a good team doesn't scare me,..Petrino with a good team scares me...Roll Tide

I hope you're right.

Borges was a good OC with Auburn,...with talent......Michigan just hasn't got any talent.

oh believe me he was part of the problem. It was a transition year for sure with so much youth on the OL, but dude is very very stubborn in his playcalling.

oh believe me he was part of the problem. It was a transition year for sure with so much youth on the OL, but dude is very very stubborn in his playcalling.

You are probably right..it was wrong of me to say Mich. didn't have talent..I haven't paid any attention to them this year..so I don't have a clue...my bad.

You are probably right..it was wrong of me to say Mich. didn't have talent..I haven't paid any attention to them this year..so I don't have a clue...my bad.

We were a young team offensively and that was a huge issue. Couldn't settle on an OL and only our tackles had experience. Only experienced receivers were Gallon,Dileo, and Funchess, and our top 3 backups at RB going into the season were Freshmen (one of which tore his ACL week 1). There were schematic issues though.

Like we gave up 7 sacks to both Michigan State and Nebraska. In both cases it was because Fitz Touissant couldn't stop a blitzing LB. It too 3 weeks before we stopped using him on passing downs, and surprise surprise, blitzes weren't working as well.

The big issue was he was the 4th highest paid assistant in college football and he didn't really do a good with scheme and the QBs got worse under him. The new guy is now gonna be a top 5 paid coach (and I have a sneaking suspicion the coach in waiting) so let's hope he does well

We were a young team offensively and that was a huge issue. Couldn't settle on an OL and only our tackles had experience. Only experienced receivers were Gallon,Dileo, and Funchess, and our top 3 backups at RB going into the season were Freshmen (one of which tore his ACL week 1). There were schematic issues though.

Like we gave up 7 sacks to both Michigan State and Nebraska. In both cases it was because Fitz Touissant couldn't stop a blitzing LB. It too 3 weeks before we stopped using him on passing downs, and surprise surprise, blitzes weren't working as well.

The big issue was he was the 4th highest paid assistant in college football and he didn't really do a good with scheme and the QBs got worse under him. The new guy is now gonna be a top 5 paid coach (and I have a sneaking suspicion the coach in waiting) so let's hope he does well

Nuss is good...but there is a reason Nick was fixing to let him go...he gets little pass happy at the wrong times... and if you have a elite TE...you have to remind Nuss,cause he will forget about him.

Back
Top Bottom