College hoops thread - Tourney/bubble talk | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College hoops thread - Tourney/bubble talk

Transfering happen everywhere. He has recruited some character issue guys like derrick character and so on but what coach hasn't? God knows Calhoun has brought in some real altar boys over the years. I think the problem is chemistry issues. You need that to be successful. Telfair was a punk and listened to his family instead of going to college and learning how to develope a jump shot. I put everything on Rick. He is still a hall of fame coach imo.

No U of L players made the All Big East 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team, just released today. Kuric made honorable mention. That should tell you everything you need to know about the upperclass talent Rick has assembled. There's some talent in the underclass but we're only bringing in 1 new recruit next season and he's another small (6'1" 170 lbs) combo-style guard. Rick has been allergic to guards over 6'2" since he's been here. He inherited 6'6" Reece Gaines from Denny Crum. That's the tallest guard he's ever had at U of L.

No U of L players made the All Big East 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team, just released today. Kuric made honorable mention. That should tell you everything you need to know about the upperclass talent Rick has assembled. There's some talent in the underclass but we're only bringing in 1 new recruit next season and he's another small (6'1" 170 lbs) combo-style guard. Rick has been allergic to guards over 6'2" since he's been here. He inherited 6'6" Reece Gaines from Denny Crum. That's the tallest guard he's ever had at U of L.

Sometimes, some coaches, even the great ones are dense. Calhoun loves bigs. Even if they suck lol I swear he drives me nuts with that crap over the year. So who would u liked to succeed Pitino? Just curious.

Sometimes, some coaches, even the great ones are dense. Calhoun loves bigs. Even if they suck lol I swear he drives me nuts with that crap over the year. So who would u liked to succeed Pitino? Just curious.

That's a good question. Brad Stevens might be a good one, but you've got to make sure he can recruit at a level needed at Louisville for the Big East (or perhaps Big 12 in a couple of years). Shaka Smart is another good one, I actually like him a little better than Stevens. Man that guy can coach.

U of L AD Tom Jurich keeps a short list in his pocket for every head coaching position across the athletic programs and it's updated regularly. He's one of the best ADs in the country so I'm sure he'll have no problem finding the best fit.

That's a good question. Brad Stevens might be a good one, but you've got to make sure he can recruit at a level needed at Louisville for the Big East (or perhaps Big 12 in a couple of years). Shaka Smart is another good one, I actually like him a little better than Stevens. Man that guy can coach.

U of L AD Tom Jurich keeps a short list in his pocket for every head coaching position across the athletic programs and it's updated regularly. He's one of the best ADs in the country so I'm sure he'll have no problem finding the best fit.

I personally would rather have Smart. They are good again and yes he can coach. Another young guy I like is Rex Walters. He is at San Francisco right now. They had a 20 win season under him and I always remember being a smart ball player. I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching at a big bcs conference someday. Another guy to look is Tom Moore. He was Calhoun assitant for many years. He is being looked at a major schools already. He coaches Quinnpiac. He took them from 5 win to 12 then too 18 plus wins and semifinals appearances the last few seasons. On great thing about him, he can recruit big time. If Uconn doesn't give him a look when Calhoun leaves, they are nuts.

I personally would rather have Smart. They are good again and yes he can coach. Another young guy I like is Rex Walters. He is at San Francisco right now. They had a 20 win season under him and I always remember being a smart ball player. I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching at a big bcs conference someday. Another guy to look is Tom Moore. He was Calhoun assitant for many years. He is being looked at a major schools already. He coaches Quinnpiac. He took them from 5 win to 12 then too 18 plus wins and semifinals appearances the last few seasons. On great thing about him, he can recruit big time. If Uconn doesn't give him a look when Calhoun leaves, they are nuts.

Whomever the next coach is, he's going to have to recruit like a champ because since U of L is an Adidas school, he's already going to be handicapped on the AAU circuit against the Nike guys.

Whomever the next coach is, he's going to have to recruit like a champ because since U of L is an Adidas school, he's already going to be handicapped on the AAU circuit against the Nike guys.

I wish you luck in the Big East tournament by the way. Should be fun. Let's meet in the finals again.

I wish you luck in the Big East tournament by the way. Should be fun. Let's meet in the finals again.

Yeah, good luck as well. I saw a braketology (on SI.com I think) that had UConn coming down here to play their games in the Yum! Center. But that put you in the same bracket as UK, not a good place to be.

UConn should not even be on the bubble, it's crazy that they will make the Tourney w/ their resume.

Yeah, good luck as well. I saw a braketology (on SI.com I think) that had UConn coming down here to play their games in the Yum! Center. But that put you in the same bracket as UK, not a good place to be.
yeah whatever happens will happen. I am just glad jimmy is back. Blakey suds.

UConn should not even be on the bubble, it's crazy that they will make the Tourney w/ their resume.
I think a win today makes them a lock. They have the number one sos on the country. They should destroy depaul.

I think a win today makes them a lock. They have the number one sos on the country. They should destroy depaul.

UConn has the #3 SOS and that has mor to do w/ the overrating of the BE and even if the sched was that touhg you actually have to beat teams. They were 8-10 in a weak BE, they lost to UCF in non conf, lost to SH, Rutgers & Providence. Wins of note- FSU when FSU was struggling early and ND before they started playing well. UConn shouldn't even be on the bubble right now.

UConn has the #3 SOS and that has mor to do w/ the overrating of the BE and even if the sched was that touhg you actually have to beat teams. They were 8-10 in a weak BE, they lost to UCF in non conf, lost to SH, Rutgers & Providence. Wins of note- FSU when FSU was struggling early and ND before they started playing well. UConn shouldn't even be on the bubble right now.

I think you mean "weaker" Big East. It's down compared to past years, but it's certainly not "weak". UConn should most certainly be on the bubble. The argument could be made as to whether they should be in or not, but they most certainly should be on the bubble.

I think you mean "weaker" Big East. It's down compared to past years, but it's certainly not "weak". UConn should most certainly be on the bubble. The argument could be made as to whether they should be in or not, but they most certainly should be on the bubble.

It is weak, there is one FF contender in the conference and as usual the bottom half is atrocious. Uusally it is overrated but they have quality at the top but outside of SU they don't have much in the BE and going 8-10 in this BE should not get anyone near bubble talk let alone in.

Back
Top Bottom