Collins or Ojulari at #18? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Collins or Ojulari at #18?

Collins or Ojulari at #18?

• Collins

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Ojulari

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
Kebo...How many of the opt out players do you think will fall because of lack of tape?

None. Of. The. Above.

This team doesn’t need defense with a first round pick, people! Some are continuously missing the mark on this one.

MIA’s defense isn’t perfect. But it’s a major strength. And already a top 5 defense. IIRC they ended up #2 overall.

Can they look to improve defensively? Absolutely. They can add to the defense via FA or later in the draft.

But not in the 1st round, where it’s so much more likely to find good players that will help breath life into an average to below average offense.

Despite a few biased opinions, there aren’t any defensive players rated so highly that there isn’t a similar rated player offensively to be had.

When things are equal or close to it, go with the BPA that fits need. Specifically with your top picks. And offense is in much more dire need than defense. That point is inarguable.
Replacing Elandon Roberts with a multiple award-winning LB is far more important than replacing Robert Hunt with whoever.

I'm hoping Rousseau or Darrisaw fall to 18, personally. But I'd take Collins out of the two mentioned here because he's a better scheme fit and Flo seems to prefer bigger backers.

It’s rotational 34 olb for the pair with van ginkel package or eventual replacement for kvn that can play for you off ball in the sub/nickel as a rookie with the zone drop and package edge wide/gap/stunt usage rush

pick your poison although before you do you might want to wait to see how any potential edge rusher tests (if they even test at all on a even playing field)

I don't really want an 'edge guy' as much as I want an off guy who can rush the passer. Ossai could also do some of that but Rosseau I think is just a pure edge pass rusher at this point.

Kebo...How many of the opt out players do you think will fall because of lack of tape?
I think they all do, but some will not fall much. Guys like Sewell and Chase will not fall much. Guys like Rousseau and Gainwell will fall further. It’s all about body of work. Rousseau only played one year. I could see him falling the most. If he had played and played well he could have been 5-10. Now I see him in the low twenties.

Back
Top Bottom