Colombo Is Supposed To Be The Target For Our O-line Coach | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colombo Is Supposed To Be The Target For Our O-line Coach

Till you realize you don't know crap about anything, and then you realize no one taught you anything ever, and that's why you're a moron.
But we're all anonymous geniuses on a fan forum, aren't we?
i was just throwing out that old trope for comedic effect.

marc colombo was an excellent offensive lineman when he was healthy and in his prime (as i stated earlier in this thread).

This would be a lateral move, no? So 2 things to think about....... .

1. Why would jj let colombo just walk? If its just a lateral move, colombo holds no cards and jj can say no. If he does let him walk from his contract for a lateral job, why? Jj and Colombo not seeing eye to eye any longer? O-line dominating inspite of him with their big talent and not because of any colombo super coaching. Not good. Dont need any more sub par coaches/coordinators/assistants.

2. If NOT a lateral move then he is getting something from ross that makes it much more than a lateral move and the usual bargaining chip in that situation is giving them the assistant head coach title. But......, rizzi already has that title (and deserves it). If colombo is really coming here, that tells me they know rizzi is leaving. Bummer if thats so.

So many quick to forget that he was actually a dang good lineman before he came here past his prime. I'd be cool with him being OL coach here.

1. Why would jj let colombo just walk? If its just a lateral move, colombo holds no cards and jj can say no. If he does let him walk from his contract for a lateral job, why? Jj and Colombo not seeing eye to eye any longer? O-line dominating inspite of him with their big talent and not because of any colombo super coaching. Not good. Dont need any more sub par coaches/coordinators/assistants.

2. If NOT a lateral move then he is getting something from ross that makes it much more than a lateral move and the usual bargaining chip in that situation is giving them the assistant head coach title. But......, rizzi already has that title (and deserves it). If colombo is really coming here, that tells me they know rizzi is leaving. Bummer if thats so.
It's not a lateral move if his contract expires.

If Flores becomes HC, it might be just as simple as that.

They played together at BC for three seasons. Teammates and friends.

BEWARE THE N E P O T I S M THO!!

It's not a lateral move if his contract expires.
indeed.

I just havnt seen if thats true, but if so it would be great because i want rizzi to stay so we dont have to fill the position with some temp who has never coached special teams. Cadillac to a moped.

Here's Colombo doing his Adam Gase impression View attachment 14743

That **** is so overblown. Gase might not be the greatest coach but the blasting he took for that was mind numbing. Just this week I saw Andy Reid sit on the bench while his defense was on the field. McVay did the same. Andy may have needed too on second thought.

I think you guys just like to talk **** for the heck of it.

Colombo was a fantastic OT in his prime. We got him on his last legs and it showed. He’s done a great job with that Dallas OL and if he can simply teach our OL how to pick up the right defenders on blitzes and stunts, that’s already a massive improvement.

I think you guys just like to talk **** for the heck of it.

Colombo was a fantastic OT in his prime. We got him on his last legs and it showed. He’s done a great job with that Dallas OL and if he can simply teach our OL how to pick up the right defenders on blitzes and stunts, that’s already a massive improvement.
The thing that screwed him over here was Sparano's undying loyalty to his people. Granted I'm sure pur backup wasn't any good. But at that point Marc was a liability.
I'm going to support him now, he did a good job of rallying the Dallas line without their center and when they hit that rough spot early in the year. Good coaching to get them on the same page, really was why they saved their season.

Back
Top Bottom