Colts announce they can't sign Edge long term- availabe for less than 1st round pick: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts announce they can't sign Edge long term- availabe for less than 1st round pick:

xiidaen

FinHeaven.com Evangelist
Reaction score
In a Wednesday morning discussion, Indianapolis team president/general manager Bill Polian apprised the agent for Edgerrin James that the Colts might be unable, for a variety of financial reasons, to make a multi-year contract offer to their star tailback. The bottom line, agent Drew Rosenhaus said, was that James would likely play in 2005 under terms of the one-year "franchise" qualifying offer of $8.08 million, or that the Colts will seek to trade one of the NFL's premier backs.

"Basically, they said that with the stadium, their salary cap situation, they could not make us a proposal beyond the qualifying offer," Rosenhaus said. "And Bill made it pretty clear he would entertain trade offers and, in fact, said he would consider trading 'Edge' for less than a first-round draft choice. I told him that I intended to get the word out about where the Colts stood on this and he encouraged me to do so. I would say this is a pretty significant development."

Polian told ESPN.com that he made the comments to Rosenhaus based on the agent's assessment that there is a depressed market in the NFL for running backs and that he was finding it difficult to locate potential trade partners.

But Polian allowed that, given those conditions, he told Rosenhaus the Colts might have to revisit their position on James. Polian said he will begin to phone teams and make inquiries about interest in the six-year veteran tailback.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/ESPNSports/story?id=565764

I'm just sayin' It's not like there were 1,000,000 James threads in THIS forum.

(ducking)

E. James is likely going to find out the same thing Patrick Surtain is .....Teams are interested in having them play for them, but the money they want is going to close alot of doors, if not all of them.

Back
Top Bottom