Colt's Ellis Johnson released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colt's Ellis Johnson released

Phinmaster do you try to find things to argue about? At first you say our DT's are supposed to penetrate and now they are supposed to occupy blockers and not let anyone go thru the middle.

That's eaxctly what I said...do not move from your spot and occupy blockers...did I really have to add that they are supposed to tackle the guy if he comes thru the middle? Man, juveniles must inhabit this board where everything must be spelled out completely for them to comprehend what a person is saying.

My DE...if you have no clue what I'm saying...well then, you just have no clue! My point is...(and I'll spell it out for you like a little child)...we use big DT's to stuff the run in the middle and occupy blockers on first and second down...then in obvious passing downs we insert big DE's into the DT spots to provide the pass rush...and then we put the smaller, fast er DE's on the outside to give the speed rush, ie David Bowens and O-gun....Ellis Johnson is a smaller, quick and penetrating type who always looks to get upfield and often runs himself out of alot of plays...ie Sapp(another player who doesn't fit the scheme.)

Or for a person who understand the terms of football a little more...and at the risk of going over your head by actually talking a football term...we use a two-gap scheme...Ellis Johnson is a good fit for a one-gap scheme....or are you gonna back and say you have no clue what I'm talking about again?

Back
Top Bottom