Colts lose to Houston! Now next week matters | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts lose to Houston! Now next week matters

Like it took Saban 6 weeks after being showed over and over in practice and on the field that Yeremiah Bell deserved a chance to start? And even then Tillman had to have the worst game of his career prior to Saban awarding Bell the start. How about Fred Evans in pre-season? Did he not earn a chance to start? You're so naive guy. You think coaches hand over starts because the player deserves it? You think Parcells would have given Romo a shot if Bledsoe wasn't playing horrendous, because Romo DESERVED it? Sure he would have. Like Saban gave Harrington the start instead of Culpepper even after an entire TC, 4 preseason games, and 4 regular season games. Even then, did Harrington EARN his start or did Culpepper lose it? Back ups don't earn a gosh darn thing. Starters are starters until they lose their job. And IMO, Harrington has lost his starting job, Chris Chambers has lost his starting job, Traylor is the man but the guy is 37 years old, you think he wants or needs to jeopardize w/e future he has left for 8-8? Get out of town.

Yes, Romo had to benefit from Bledsoe's bad play, but Parcells wouldn't have pulled Drew if he thought Romo was no better. He saw that he was mobile and brought something different to the table to help them win. Not to mention Romo had years of learning the system.

Has Lemon shown the coaching staff anything to suggest that he'd do better out there? And you can't use the ten minutes he played in the prior game, especially considering Rosenfels looked like Joe Montana in his first garbage time last year too.

And are you really suggesting Keith Traylor doesn't want to play the last two games because he's old? Man you really don't know a thing about football players. Football players are hungry to play, and win.

It's too bad that today fans think they're being noble to their team by suggesting they just toss random players on the field and see if they sink or swim.

Like it took Saban 6 weeks after being showed over and over in practice and on the field that Yeremiah Bell deserved a chance to start? And even then Tillman had to have the worst game of his career prior to Saban awarding Bell the start. How about Fred Evans in pre-season? Did he not earn a chance to start? You're so naive guy. You think coaches hand over starts because the player deserves it? You think Parcells would have given Romo a shot if Bledsoe wasn't playing horrendous, because Romo DESERVED it? Sure he would have. Like Saban gave Harrington the start instead of Culpepper even after an entire TC, 4 preseason games, and 4 regular season games. Even then, did Harrington EARN his start or did Culpepper lose it? Back ups don't earn a gosh darn thing. Starters are starters until they lose their job. And IMO, Harrington has lost his starting job, Chris Chambers has lost his starting job, Traylor is the man but the guy is 37 years old, you think he wants or needs to jeopardize w/e future he has left for 8-8? Get out of town.
Culpepper was still hurt and that is why Harrington had to start the rest of the season. The Traveris Tillman situation is a different story because he would be bad for a week or two and then have a good game but after his horrible performance against GB it was obvious Bell needed to get the start. Romo did desreve the chance to start because Bledsoe was playing so badly they gave Romo the chance to start and if they thought they didn't have anything in him they would not have kept him around for 3 years.

Romo would never have played if Parcells didn't suspect he gave them a better chance to win. And there's a lot to suggest that the move to Romo was inevitable, that they just needed an excuse first.

I'm not against changing starters, I'm merely against just putting players on the field simply because you haven't seen them out there before. If they look like dog diarrhea in practice, why should we embarass them further on the field?

Reminds me of the days where people called the Miami coaching staff "stubborn" for not playing Ray Lucas. Yea, look how that one turned out.

Yes, Romo had to benefit from Bledsoe's bad play, but Parcells wouldn't have pulled Drew if he thought Romo was no better. He saw what he had in his mobility.

And are you really suggesting Keith Traylor doesn't want to play the last two games because he's old? Man you really don't know a thing about football players.

I started all 4 years in highschool ace. I know more about this game asleep than you do awake. The NFL isn't pee wee or highscool or College. It isn't a game anymore, it's business, it's life. Keith Traylor has a family, a mortgage, a future to consider. It isn't pom-poms and pep rallies anymore. Grow up.

I started all 4 years in highschool ace. I know more about this game asleep than you do awake. The NFL isn't pee wee or highscool or College. It isn't a game anymore, it's business, it's life. Keith Traylor has a family, a mortgage, a future to consider. It isn't pom-poms and pep rallies anymore. Grow up.
Because you played HS football means you know more about the NFL?:shakeno:

He does. Harrington sucks at looking off defenders.
If he sucks at looking off defenders then wouldn't that mean if he was looking for Booker or Welker that he wouldn't even bother looking at Chambers.

If he sucks at looking off defenders then wouldn't that mean if he was looking for Booker or Welker that he wouldn't even bother looking at Chambers.

dude, at the games I went to, Chambers was always tied up....on a few occasions Joey missed him when he was open, but do you really think that's how you can explain away Chambers' season? He wasn't exactly lighting it up with Daunte either.

Because you played HS football means you know more about the NFL?:shakeno:

I said "this game" not the NFL. And yes, if you have not played any type of organized football then I know more about this sport than you regardless of your age. There is no knowledge like experience. By the way, I've played poker with Mark Clayton because he's a close friend of my first step-mother's side of the family(just lucky I guess). I've actually picked his brain on more than one occasion.

dude, at the games I went to, Chambers was always tied up....on a few occasions Joey missed him when he was open, but do you really think that's how you can explain away Chambers' season? He wasn't exactly lighting it up with Daunte either.
Daunte was a sitting duck in the pocket this year and Welker was also his main receiving threat. Last season Sage knew how to get the ball to him whether he was covered or open and so did Frerotte but this years quarterbacks are afraid to take chances and it is showing.

I said "this game" not the NFL. And yes, if you have not played any type of organized football then I know more about this sport than you regardless of your age. There is no knowledge like experience. By the way, I've played poker with Mark Clayton because he's a close friend of my first step-mother's side of the family(just lucky I guess). I've actually picked his brain on more than one occasion.

Using that as an argument is pretty infantile however. That would be like me saying "I see your opinion on Whitney Houston, however I've been singing for 12 years, so you're wrong." I played baseball for 10 years, yet there are people who never played the sport that could run circles around me in their understanding of the game.

Not true, I know people that have played oragnized sports that I have never played and I still know more about the game then they do.

Back
Top Bottom