Fin #10

Starter
Reaction score
When the Colts recievers caught passes last night:

1) they were wide open
2) they could break tackles and get yardage after initial contact
3) could make people miss
4) could catch the ball when it hit them in the hands

Why in the hell can our recievers not do any of those things?!?!

Most of Mannings long completions were due to YAC, not the distance the ball actuallly traveled in the air.

Discuss

Difference in defensive scheme for 1.

The biggest difference, Peyton hit most his guys in stride. The majority of ours were comebacks and crossing patters.

I couldn't help but laugh when no-name Pierre Garcon, a so-called "burner", took the short pass, made one juke, and ran it upfield for the score. And I asked myself, if it's so easy, why can't Ginn do that?

The answer to your question has more to do with the putrid play of our defense rather than any special abilities of the Colt receivers, or Manning's arm. Actually, I think more of it was Manning audibling to the exact right play call after we showed our hand defensively...we aren't good enough at the cat-and-mouse game you have to play with Manning. That's what happened on the Garcon TD.

This team hasnt been able to effectively run screens for years.

Difference in defensive scheme for 1.

The biggest difference, Peyton hit most his guys in stride. The majority of ours were comebacks and crossing patters.

It just seems that they don't have the quickness or the strength to do anything after the catch is made. Ginn usually falls to the ground immediately. I also don't recall Indy dropping a single pass, and we had at least three.

Back
Top Bottom