Colts vs Phins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts vs Phins

CA~

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First of all congrats on your win. It is very impressive for a team to rush for 4 touchdowns and throw for 3 more. That being said, lets not forget that you were playing the Lions.

The Colts defense has improved a great deal. They are not as good as Miami's defense yet, but they will get there. Tony Dungy is the perfect fit in Indy.

Don't believe the hype about Dungy slowing the offense down either, because he has actually opened it up. I am sure that most of you know that for the last few years we have mainly ran the 2 TE set. This year we are mainly running the 3 wide, 1 TE, and one back set. Also we have inserted the I formation in our offense. We have a pretty darn good lead blocker too.

This is going to be a nasty hard fought game. This is the kind of game that nobody wins because we are both going to have some hurt players after this one.

Good luck. ;)

As for who is going to win this game- flip a coin.

Originally posted by CA~

The Colts defense has improved a great deal. They are not as good as Miami's defense yet, but they will get there. Tony Dungy is the perfect fit in Indy.

Uh, your right the Colts defense isn't as good as the Dolphins. We are better, always have been, always will be.

Its obvious that you have been better on defense for the most part, but we have had a few defenses that were better then yours over the years.

Not in a long while though. ;)

Last time was 1995

I think Tony Dungy is going to turn this defense around this year. We are a few years away from being as good as the Phins have been lately though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us rank in the middle of the pack this year on defense, which is a HUGE upgrade. ;)

I used to live in Indy. I remember the games in the winter time...colder then hell doing a tailgate party.

Anyways, I have watched the Colts a long time. A lot since they camp in my home town (Terre Haute) and my father lives about 3 miles from Rose Hulman (where they practice). The only major change I've seen during training camp and this first game is that the defense is more agressive. I don't think Dungy has had the chance to bring in the players he wants, not yet. This year, he's just pushing them to see what they can do. As for talent, I see just a slight upgrade to last year. But not much. But even Peyton has made the statement...he can see a difference too. The D has become more ferocious in its play. But the def. coordinator isn't up to Tony's level yet. Give it time. Maybe later on this year probably you'll start to see the big changes as the players be more used to his type of coaching.

Ice Storm thats an excellent evaulation. I have been to camp few times this year myself and thats my take on it as well. I think the defense can rank in the middle of the pack by the end of the year.

Originally posted by CA~

I have yet to see any proof of that yet. Giving up 25 pts to an offense that struggled pitifully in preseason doesn't help us believe that one yet.

Originally posted by CA~ First of all congrats on your win. It is very impressive for a team to rush for 4 touchdowns and throw for 3 more. That being said, lets not forget that you were playing the Lions.

Congrats on your win to. Let us not forget though.....you were playing the Jaguars. 6-10 last year and purged during the offseason and barely squeaked by.

The Cots scare me, always have, always will. I am glad they are not in our division anymore.

Having said that, I still think we can give them hell if the offense which showed up yesterday, shows up this sunday.

With a little defense, the Colts will only be a bump on the road to the playoffs......

Re: Re: Colts vs Phins

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

I have yet to see any proof of that yet. Giving up 25 pts to an offense that struggled pitifully in preseason doesn't help us believe that one yet.

Congrats on your win to. Let us not forget though.....you were playing the Jaguars. 6-10 last year and purged during the offseason and barely squeaked by.

Do you remember our defense last year? The one that gave up over 30 points a game. Oh, yeah we have improved. You know Brunnel, Taylor, and Smith are a pretty darn good trio. That team is completely different when Taylor is healthy. It was also our first real game as a team under Dungy. Overall, I think that we played very well.

They got 2 cheap fumbles because of the new "Lets wait to blow the whistle longer" rule. If you haven't heard about it yet, then believe me you will. They got 10 easy points off of that. Our defense can't be blamed for those 10 points. The way I see it, our defense gave up 15 points and you know what? I will take that every week with this offense. ;)

Actually playing the Colts away doesn't scare me much. I fear much more the away games in Buffalo (no matter how good they are) and New York. Peyton will just become Zach's b!tch again, and the win is ours ;)

Nick I don't know what games you've been wathing..but the colts always play the fins tough except for last year's Monday night debarcle...but James wasn't in that game...They scare me and they will be a good test to see exactly where we really are in terms of playing good caliber teams. Plus Dungy's been practicing against the dolphins for the ast couple of years...so it's not like he doesn't know us...two things have changed..our O and his O...but he knows our D. and his O knows our D and our O knows his D, but his D doesn't know our new O...this should be an interesting game

I'm all about the evil I know. I think you're right md. They know us, we know them. Let's get together and see what happens. You can't discount any NFL game, but the lions are not to be mistaken as a measuring stick for the season. That said I still see a victory for the Phins. I think Indy's going to try to push it deep all day. Hopefully that spells pick, pick pick.

Just read on KFFL that the Colts picked up a couple of injuries. Starting DT James Cannida has a sprained medial collateral ligament and will miss a couple of games and Marcus Pollard is expected to sit out the game with bruised ribs & sprained left knee. Bad news for them but not going to hurt our chances.

I can see the colts defense lost and confused and small and overrunning norv's offense all day. i actually could see us scoring 35 points no problem. im not kidding. the Defensive line of the colts is still suspect. they might stuff ricky the first couple of times, but once norv goes to work on Konrad,mcmicheal,chambers, gadsden, and robert edwards, they will falter in the end. like always! edgerrin james isnt the same yet. im sorry. not impressed with 99 yards against a sorry jags team. marvin Harrison will make some plays, always does. but in the end we will control this game with Ricky williams and norv turner. thank you very little.

Back
Top Bottom