Colvin maybe headed for PUP list | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colvin maybe headed for PUP list

Ohio Fanatic

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Patriots LB Roosevelt Colvin has yet to be cleared for contact, according to the Sporting News. If Colvin doesn't put on the pads until midway through camp, he could land on the physically unable to perform list, which would keep him out of the first six weeks of the regular season.
This would be good for us. One less pass rusher to face in Week 5 vs Patsies. And if he's headed for PUP list, one has to question how effective he'll be this season.:evil: :evil:

This has been the speculation in NE for a couple of weeks now. The fact is, he had a pretty serious injury. Similar to Bo Jackson but no way near as bad. We may never see the Colvin that played in Chicago. But we didn't have him last year either, so anything he can add is just gravy.

FlyingElvis said:
This has been the speculation in NE for a couple of weeks now. The fact is, he had a pretty serious injury. Similar to Bo Jackson but no way near as bad. We may never see the Colvin that played in Chicago. But we didn't have him last year either, so anything he can add is just gravy.

That is true. My contention last year was that NE still had the LBs necessary to play their system. They have excellent depth.

I hate seeing any guy have this type of career-threatening injury, even if he is a Pats player. I hope he gets well.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
That is true. My contention last year was that NE still had the LBs necessary to play their system. They have excellent depth.
Yeah, its allowed Mike Vrabel to develop into a pretty decent outside linebacker. But I think he was going to bookend Colvin anyway. Fortunately McGinest held the fort, not sure how much he has left, but the man makes plays.

LIQUID24 said:
I hate seeing any guy have this type of career-threatening injury, even if he is a Pats player. I hope he gets well.
There's is a player in Carolina who had the same injury that has continued on, but has lost a step. Can't remember his name, but he provides inspiration for Colvin. But losing a step would be bad news for a guy who relies on speed like Rosie.

didn´t priest holmes suffered the same kind of injury 2 seasons ago at the end of the season ?

FlyingElvis said:
There's is a player in Carolina who had the same injury that has continued on, but has lost a step. Can't remember his name, but he provides inspiration for Colvin. But losing a step would be bad news for a guy who relies on speed like Rosie.

Perez or O'Donnell?

It was Deion Grant the safety who had the same injury. He did admit that it took him the entire season to get his speed back.

Poor fella. I won't miss seeing him flying toward our QBs but still, sad that you can be on top of the world then one injury and your whole career is on a holding pattern for years.

Besides, Colvin there or not there the Patriots weakness will be right in the middle as they mistakenly rely upon Vince Wilfork and Keith Traylor to do the job that Ted Washington did last year.

You know, I'm a big Canes fan and there's always been something that didn't impress me much about Wilfork. But...lets be honest for some reason I wasn't all that impressed with Andre Johnson either.

ckparrothead said:
Poor fella. I won't miss seeing him flying toward our QBs but still, sad that you can be on top of the world then one injury and your whole career is on a holding pattern for years.

Besides, Colvin there or not there the Patriots weakness will be right in the middle as they mistakenly rely upon Vince Wilfork and Keith Traylor to do the job that Ted Washington did last year.

You know, I'm a big Canes fan and there's always been something that didn't impress me much about Wilfork. But...lets be honest for some reason I wasn't all that impressed with Andre Johnson either.
sorry to get off topic but the one thing that didnt impress me about Wilfork was that he didnt seem to play the run well.

VJ1252 said:
sorry to get off topic but the one thing that didnt impress me about Wilfork was that he didnt seem to play the run well.
Well, the scouting report on Wilfork is that he is a strong run stopper.

Back
Top Bottom