Combine Talk | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine Talk

So....

Jaelen Strong. On video, I'm not a huge fan. No suddenness, marginal get-off, struggles to separate, not the sharpest route runner. It's decent, but he doesn't jump off the screen.

Much as I'm loath to put store into the COmbine results, Strong is an example where I'm really scratching my head. 4.44 and a 1.58 split. Whatever about the 4.44, the 10-yard split is mind-boggling when you look at how pedestrian he can be off the LOS. The vert was very impressive too. He's a lot more quick-twitch than we all gave him credit for.

So why doesn't he put it down on the field? Is it attitude? Scheme? Poor route savviness? Bad technique with his get-off? Is this a correctable issue (knowing that he's plenty quick and has some explosiveness) or do you just say "the eye in the sky don't lie"?

Depending on how the WR chips fall and the reality that this FO won't touch DGB, these are questions the Fins management must be asking themselves. Can we make Jaelen Strong a stud?

Thoughts?

i agree with this... he has a lot of improving to do, but has the potential and ability to do it. I myself wasnt as big on Jaelen Strong after watching his films too (and many on the forums didnt like that). but i am not saying he is a good prospect with ability he can become a good WR in the NFL. I just like other WRs more.

Jaelen Strong- Arizona State: great height and body with great leaping ability, Jaelen is strong, he has good hands, his route running from the line and in and out of breaks need a lot of work, his footwork isnt great, he has great athletic ability and talent but needs a lot of work and development as an NFL WR, seems raw talent

Started watching the CBs last night. Only got to group 10 (or the first group of DBs) and was a bit disappointed. They said last years average time was 4.54 and this first group had an average time of 4.55 so maybe they weren't as slow as it seemed.

Ladarius Gunter is going to have to switch to Safety...no way he can play CB with a 4.65 and he was a little stiff in the hips on some of the drills.

Quandre Diggs looked really good in drills, great feet on that kid, smooth transitions, good hips...not fast (4.56) or tall (5' 9 1/8") but I was impressed with him in drills.

Charles Gaines looked good too...not as good as Diggs. His transitions were pretty good but he had a little trouble flipping his hips to turn and run. He's a former receiver so tracking the ball and coming up with the catch is not an issue with him.

Landon Collins has pretty good hips for a safety but that guy has some stone hands. I see a guy you can put in the box and help with the run game but he doesn't show good ball skills.

Jalen Collins has a good backpedal...very smooth and quick. I thought he struggled a little bit flipping his hips to turn and run but the transitions from side-to-side were good and he tracked the ball well and looked natural catching the ball.

Justin Cox I thought looked awful in the drills. Great straight line speed running a 4.37 but huge disappointment in the drills IMO.

Adrian Amos looked good...almost CB good. I need to take a look at some of his games.

Lorenzo Doss looked OK...I think that's a kid you can take late and develop and he may turn into something. The lack of physical play on tape is a concern but the balls skills are really good.

Senquez Golson looked really good in the drills. I think this kid could be an outstanding slot CB. His size (5' 8 5/8") is a concern but he plays bigger than his size.

I need to finish watching the rest of the drills and get a look at the next group.

nice... we're starting to get your CB thoughts!!

Golson I did enjoy watching too... if he can be more disciplined in a team defense and stop going for making the big plays so much, I like him more!!! but he was very nice.

Quandre Diggs I do agree with what you said... it just worries me how average athletically he really is otherwise, but plays so smart and with great technique. how will he be in the NFL?

Ladarius Gunter was awful... i wasnt that big on him anyways, but he just really showed me everything i thought and made it worse for me.

Lorenzo Doss i think i mentioned before was okay i thought as well... if you saw Jacoby Glenn i liked him more than Doss overall. (these guys i were kind of comparing)

the second group of CBs i was much more excited to watch anyways.... you will like them a lot!!!

I watched the U all year, every game. . . It felt like I was watching a safety when watching Gunter play. He reminded me of a more polished Mo Sikes (former U strong safety) . . . polished being better in coverage and more of a ball hawk. The speed is concerning tho. I dunno, could be a sneaky safety prospect in the NFL.

I watched the U all year, every game. . . It felt like I was watching a safety when watching Gunter play. He reminded me of a more polished Mo Sikes (former U strong safety) . . . polished being better in coverage and more of a ball hawk. The speed is concerning tho. I dunno, could be a sneaky safety prospect in the NFL.

if i was going to go a sneaky FS prospect i think I would mention Eric Rowe more on this. Gunter really showed what I was thinking on him and worse i believe. he could work out at S, never know, but I am definitely passing on him.

Back
Top Bottom