Come to our new IRC channel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Come to our new IRC channel

WeVie

Champion Of The Beards!
Reaction score
Everyone come to our new IRC channel. We named it #FinHeaven after the site. Use this server to get there
/server irc.phazenet.com and then type /join #FinHeaven. Hope to see you all there. XoPhinsoX started it and now Oliver has joined us as well

Originally posted by WeVie
Everyone come to our new IRC channel. We named it #FinHeaven after the site. Use this server to get there
/server irc.phazenet.com and then type /join #FinHeaven. Hope to see you all there. XoPhinsoX started it and now Oliver has joined us as well

Im there idling.

its an internet relay chat programm , u have to dl the program called MIRC V6.03 and connect to the server thats stated above, come on guys we are only 3 over there so far

Someone can set up a server on that IRC channel and serve up game films.

Just an idea.

BTW, IRC takes some getting used to. When you load mIRC, it will probably connect you to DALnet, which has been shut down.

Install mIRC, then click on that link above and it should open mIRC for you and take you to the right IRC network.

Really all it is is a bunch of chat rooms. once you install the software, (Visit www.mIRC.com for the software and any info you may need)
just type /server irc.phazenet.com and press enter. That will connect you to the proper server and then type /join #FinHeaven and that will put you in our "chat room" or our channel as we call it. Any questions just ask here. Hope to see you there

Do you guys think we could make this a sticky for a few days please.

Thanks

Ok, I've got to ask this. What made you select irc.phazenet.com over all of the other world wide IRC servers such as ETG, or PGP, or even Freenode?

When DaLnet stopped file sharing the ops in the two channels I went to the most chose that server. Not sue why. So I suggested that one so I could be in all the channels at once with one mirc and that is the one XoPhinsoX picked. So I guess it's my fault. :)

Does the server really matter? :lol:

Anyway, would be nice to get a sticky on this ;\.

Now everyone go DL the damn thing :) .

I'm in there... glad to see you guys set up a channel finally. Maybe we can set up a Java chatroom somewhere on the site so people can easily access the chat without having to use mIRC.

Does anyone know how to get around a firewall..? Like for sharing files and stuff?

Back
Top Bottom