Comment By Sirspud On Thill.... (when Thill Has Time) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comment By Sirspud On Thill.... (when Thill Has Time)

Anytime the phins lose it's Ryans fault and when we wins it's a " Team win"....Gotcha!

We expect nothing less from the Tammynetts.:up:

More like we when lose it’s a “team game” but when we win it’s “RT is an all-pro see I told you!” I really don’t care as long as we win! #FinsUp!

Ask the Colts if you can just plug in any five offensive linemen under any coach and keep your quarterback upright. To borrow my favorite word from an old posting friend, that's just straight 'clownshoes.'

You can see it pretty clearly with the Dolphins offense right now. Miami invested heavily in two tackles, but has been going with the "flip over a rock" method of acquiring new interior OL players. The net result is that the interior OL has been bad, and when Ja'Wuan James has been injured or slumping, the offense is pretty much non-functional.

The Dolphins OL hasn't even been particularly good at run blocking. As others have pointed out, we've had several games this season in which the running game was ineffective, and if you actually bother to watch the big rushing plays (oh baby, I'm a tape guy), you'll see that most of them are coming on wham blocks. That's right, the best run blockers the Miami Dolphins have are Durham Smythe and Nick O'Leary.

Look at how much of the pressure on our quarterbacks comes from the middle gaps. I mean, actually sit down and watch pressure plays and see where it's coming from. The problem is glaringly obvious. Our interior OL stinks.

When I see Tannehill set up for a deep ball, I feel incredibly confident. More-so than any QB I've been able to watch (Started watching in 2000).

If we can keep him clean, he is a gamer and I trust he will win us games. He has had it about as bad as any QB of the last 8 years as far as line play and time to throw ...kids tough as nails

Nothing about Tannehill screams to me "needs to be replaced" except for the lack of performance of the team in general. Which needs to be on other people, IMO.

RT's toughness can't be questioned.

Tannenhill's pocket presence, and execution during 3rd downs (when the game speeds up) are his flaws. Most QBs in the league have a couple. The coaching staff has to put him in position to accentuate his strengths and mitigate his weaknesses.

I'm not sure how many QBs can deal with constant A-gap pressure. Three? Russel Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes.

RT's toughness can't be questioned. He's playing well. He's not the problem with this team.

Tannenhill's pocket presence, and execution during 3rd downs (when the game speeds up) are his flaws. Most QBs in the league have a couple. The coaching staff has to put him in position to accentuate his strengths and mitigate his weaknesses.

I'm not sure how many QBs can deal with constant A-gap pressure. Three? Russel Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes.

Gonna be hard to get him to take any pay cut.

Real hard. Probably gonna tell you to pound sand

I mean, you ask Tannehill to take a pay cut and why wouldn't he just try to get himself sent to Jacksonville? Blake Bortles is an (alleged) alcoholic with **** for brains who sucks at football, and Jacksonville had to pay him 50+ million dollars for 3 years because that's quarterback value.

Back
Top Bottom