Comment By Sirspud On Thill.... (when Thill Has Time) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comment By Sirspud On Thill.... (when Thill Has Time)

Most of what tanny did yesterday was off of play action so the ask wasn’t as difficult as it could have been.

But he carved their asses up off of it. And he made both the plays on the last 3 drives if you count the lateral play throw that needed to be made by the qb. Kenny stills blew the other 2 critical plays.

And that td to hunter with a bad plant foot ankle that sucker was a rope and a dime.

That 46 yarder to stills where he had to wait for the route to clear the second level defenders was a boss toss too.

Dont get the poster above taking shots at Martel13. He has been very even handed and thoughtful in his Tannehill critiques.

There’s a lot of things in RT’s game that can frustrate you. I appreciate those fans that can bring good balance.

It’s the lunatic fringe that drives me nuts!

Tannehill needs to play under center more, play action was very nice. Also it controls the safety a bit since he can't read Tannehills eyes right away like he can when in the shotgun.

phinfan, on opening day we had a pretty good o-line, then Sitton went down, we had no real answer for that. We were really counting on Sitton staying healthy.

phinfan, on opening day we had a pretty good o-line, then Sitton went down, we had no real answer for that. We were really counting on Sitton staying healthy.

And this was a pretty stupid decision by team management. You are banking on an aging veteran who has had health issues the last few seasons to play 16 games, and the guy behind him kind of stinks? And then the guys behind him are so bad you sign street free agents mid-season instead of play him?

Tannehill needs to play under center more, play action was very nice. Also it controls the safety a bit since he can't read Tannehills eyes right away like he can when in the shotgun.
Tannehill's career rating is 5 points better from under center as opposed to shotgun... While he did make 4x attempts from shotgun, his 578 attempts from under is enough of a sample size to be relevant...

Offensive line play is well within league norm. Anyone who doesn't understand that is going to adjust, adjust and adjust their way to nonsense.

Just because some ranking system put us low on the list doesn't mean it is 20% below median level, or anything close to that.

Gore at age 35 would never be putting up these type of numbers if the offensive line was inept. This season Gore is averaging 4.5 yards per carry, which is above his career average and his highest number since 4.7 in the 2012 Super Bowl season with the 49ers.

That should be borderline impossible at age 35. He is not getting better or faster or quicker with age. He simply has superior blocking in front of him. The number of times we absolutely gash an opponent up the middle is incredible. Gore doesn't have to pause and weave. He explodes because the crease is obvious in front of him. The past three seasons with the Colts his rushing average never reached 4.0 -- 3.7, 3.9, 3.7 -- because that offensive line was inferior to the one the Dolphins are fielding. Gore has never been below 4.0 in his life other than all 3 seasons with the Colts.

The aggressive effective running game opens up everything else, including for Tannehill. If we were sitting there at 2nd and 10 all the time after running for no gain then Tannehill's numbers would not be what they are.

Your post took me by surprise, I didn’t think their were fans that thought our OL was not an issue, I absolutely think so.

I’m not talking about Tunsil, he is a stud, overall, watching the constant miscommunications and flat out misses (mostly by the interior) I have to say I completely disagree.

PFF agrees, 31 of 32

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-9

Last edited:
That's all nice and dandy but ultimately irrelevant. Tannehill needed to be a perennial in-the-playoffs contender by now and he has not done that under two contracts.

Of the 12 playoff teams as of now, 6 have a QB on rookie contract leading them to playoffs. We are still waiting. Those 6 quarterbacks are better, and the Dolphins missed out.

That's a big problem. These argument how he can throw, and how he is better than Brady, are meaningless. It's meaningless that he can throw at this point. That meant something when he was drafted in 2012.

Tannehill had us a shoe in for the playoffs in 2016 and we're right in the hunt again. And this with a team that has a weak line, a defense exposed easier that Paris Hilton, and which got rid of a lot of playmaking ability since he last took the field.

And this was a pretty stupid decision by team management. You are banking on an aging veteran who has had health issues the last few seasons to play 16 games, and the guy behind him kind of stinks? And then the guys behind him are so bad you sign street free agents mid-season instead of play him?

Said that a LONG TIME ago RE Sitton and 30+ fatties ain't no way to compete in a young mans game.

Got waxed by the homies at the time but glad to see me point still has an edge!

Beyond that -- also been sayin' there's a notably profound LACK of OL talent to fill out NFL rosters

which is one of the reasons the emperor has to protect sissy coitusbacks like the Lady in NE

BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> no prob for those same gangsters to allow the opposing D to assault Ryan

I can only assume because he's an actual MAN and not a tranny...

Back
Top Bottom