Commentary: And Then There Was One… | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: And Then There Was One…

inFINSible said:
There is just no logical reason to give up on him, and that's what selecting a QB with the number two pick would be.

I disagree, and I have from the beginning. So everyone say it along with me, because I know you've heard me say it before:

"My desire for us to pick up Alex Smith has nothing to do with my opinion of A.J. Feeley and everything to do with my opinion of Alex Smith."

PhinstiGator said:
That's fine...but, you must explain why one of those boys is much better than say a David Carr type of player. Carr will be a good one probably. But, it typically takes about 1000 pass attempts (2 seasons of starting) to see what you really have with an NFL QB. Pro Bowl QB's like Brees need the right supporting cast in the backfield, offensive line, and playmaking receivers.

I can't really recall any Junior QB's that really lit it up upon arrival in the NFL. Michael Vick is a super threat because of his legs. He has still yet to reach his potential as a passer.

I could care less if we ever have a pro bowl QB. I want a team that can compete with anyone. I want a team that is not built around a single player...so that when injuries come the season is not lost. Getting a 60 million dollar QB may make fans feel better about this team...but, it doesn't make us a better team...and few fans would be willing to wait 4 years to see production. That's why supporting Feeley makes sense both immediately and long-term. Presupposing that Feeley is a failure when he is much closer to success then those Juniors is simply a grass is always greener mentality that I hope Saban avoids like the plague.

I reiterate: Feeley would likely start this season even if we picked Smith or Rodgers. If he should turn into something special, we have two highly valued QBs on our roster. I can think of worse problems.

phunwin said:
I reiterate: Feeley would likely start this season even if we picked Smith or Rodgers. If he should turn into something special, we have two highly valued QBs on our roster. I can think of worse problems.
It's going to be real interesting to see how San Diego's hand plays out. I'm not so sure I want to be in their shoes.

I don't think they're going to get the value they think they will. They aren't going to be able to keep franchising Brees so, they will have to let him go eventually if they want to make their investment in Rivers pay off. Other teams know this. the price is going to do nothing but go down as the time gets closer for SD to make the move.

Or.... they could decide to keep Brees and put Rivers on the auction block. How suspicious is that going to look? giving up on the young guy to keep Brees. Who's going to fall for that? They won't get anywhere near the value that they invested in Rivers if they try to move him so, they're almost stuck getting rid of the proven QB.

That doesn't sound like that much fun to me.

Let's not even get into the QB controversy angle.

inFINSible said:
It's going to be real interesting to see how San Diego's hand plays out. I'm not so sure I want to be in their shoes.

I don't think they're going to get the value they think they will. They aren't going to be able to keep franchising Brees so, they will have to let him go eventually if they want to make their investment in Rivers pay off. Other teams know this. the price is going to do nothing but go down as the time gets closer for SD to make the move.

Or.... they could decide to keep Brees and put Rivers on the auction block. How suspicious is that going to look? giving up on the young guy to keep Brees. Who's going to fall for that? They won't get anywhere near the value that they invested in Rivers if they try to move him so, they're almost stuck getting rid of the proven QB.

That doesn't sound like that much fun to me.

Let's not even get into the QB controversy angle.

I disagree. Will the value go down the longer they hang onto both of them? Sure, but you're still getting tremendous value to work with.

I will note that I think SD botched this by just signing Brees and not seriously looking to trade him or Rivers this offseason. But I've got faith in Saban's ability to manage a little better.

Sounds like someone just doesnt like cedric benson, and has no good reasons not to like him, other than he is a headcase and he has a fear of oklahoma players.

PLEASE explain to me how benson is a headcase i would love to hear this.

As far a benson having a fear of oklahoma players. Give me a freakin break.

You obviously have no knowledge of longhorn football whatsoever. Its real convenient to throw out this big game argument and take it tottaly out of context as you have done in the past, and continue to do, after being lectured as to why that was the case.

Let me break it down for you one last time.

The longhorns had no passing game when benson was there. AKA Vince Young

The strength of the team was the running game.

Great teams like OU, take away your running game and force you to beat them in other ways if you can.

When they played texas, they decided to load the box and take cedric out of the game. They wished vince young would throw a pass.

I would like you to show me a running back that could run against OU's D with 8 or 9 in the box all day.

You either hate benson, or you dont know jack about this particular subject b/c you are just looking for any invalid reason to hate on him.

Back
Top Bottom