Commentary: Ricky’s return recalls Sanders’ abrupt departure | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: Ricky’s return recalls Sanders’ abrupt departure

Pretty good article that shows that Ricky isn;t alone in his bizarre world. (Bizzare as far as timing is concerned) And he certainly isn't the only player in the league that has or is smoking weed. Not by a long shot. Some people on this board talk as if Ricky Williams is the sole violator of the NFLs drug policy. Well he isn't. ANd he isn't the only one that left his team at the last minute. The other is enshrined in the HAll of Fame and in my opinion the best RB to ever play the game. I know we all would have welcomed him back with open arms....even if he were carrying a duffel bag of weed. :D

I don't think you can compare Ricky's and Julius Peppers' suspensions. Ricky is addicted to weed, an illegal drug. Peppers took Sudafed cold medicine while he was battling illness, which happens to contain a small amount of a banned by the NFL stimulant.

TarHeelFinFan said:
I don't think you can compare Ricky's and Julius Peppers' suspensions. Ricky is addicted to weed, an illegal drug. Peppers took Sudafed cold medicine while he was battling illness, which happens to contain a small amount of a banned by the NFL stimulant.
Peppers' situation shows that the NFL drug policy isn't perfect. The MLB's is a complete joke, however. Since this is somewhat related, anyone know what Boston was taking? I asked before but got no response.

Weed isn't addictive. People do it because they want to. They don't feel the need to like someone would with an addiction to Cocain, Herion, or even Cigarettes.

Sulamar said:
Weed isn't addictive. People do it because they want to. They don't feel the need to like someone would with an addiction to Cocain, Herion, or even Cigarettes.
Weed isn't addictive? What have you been smoking?

http://www.nida.nih.gov/MarijBroch/teenpg13-14.html

Third FAQ down. Ricky showed classic signs of being addicted at that. Risked his job by failing multiple tests, alienated those close to him, ran from his problems to other countries, etc. just for a few puffs of the whacky tobaccy. That's classic addiction right there.

Sulamar said:

Thank you

TarHeelFinFan said:

Third FAQ down. Ricky showed classic signs of being addicted at that. Risked his job by failing multiple tests, alienated those close to him, ran from his problems to other countries, etc. just for a few puffs of the whacky tobaccy. That's classic addiction right there.

Its not chemically addective like other drugs, but could be psychologically.

marajuana is a psycological addiction, not a physical one... there are no withdraw simptoms from it like there is from caffine or even chocolate...
that being said, i know a lot of burn outs who might as well be chemicily addicted

The difference is Ricky walked away then refused to appologize. Or as he said on 60 Minutes..."appologize for what?"

Not to mention he gave his team ZERO notice while walking away. Barry told the Lions months before.

TarHeelFinFan said:

Good job on your research, of course a governemt site for teens is going to tell you that. The only reason they are basing their addiction claim on is the fact that about 120,000 people a year go to rehab with Marijuana as their main drug of choice. Look, I do not condone the use of marijuana and I know it is harmful to the body but I know that not one of the chemicals in Marijuana is addictive. There is no psyical addiction to the drug. It is comepletely psychological. 90% of known users do not show a sign of addiction even though the number of people turning themselves into rehab are increasing, it does not argue the point whether or not the drug has a real addiction to it.

TarHeelFinFan said:

How many times do we have to have this debate. Marijuana is not addictive. I don't care what your link says.

Psychological or or chemical is irrelevant. Ricky was addicted to the stuff and risked everything just to smoke it. I don't want a burnout like that on my team.

TarHeelFinFan said:
Psychological or or chemical is irrelevant. Ricky was addicted to the stuff and risked everything just to smoke it. I don't want a burnout like that on my team.

You are either really stubborn or cant read. Ricky was not addicted to Marijuana. He was taking it because it made him feel better than his paxil did.

bleh

Back
Top Bottom