Commentary: Spielman gone; Now the new era can officially begin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: Spielman gone; Now the new era can officially begin

God, that one was even worse than the first one that was written.

(...and I'm glad that Spielman is gone.)

I can write so much better than that. Mods!?? Are you hiring??

DolphinDevil28 said:

LOL.... Was it really that bad? Take it easy on the guy! :lol:

Megatron said:
Spielman is not the anti-christ.

True, but don't you think it was good to pretty much get rid of the last of the old regime?

is there even ANY coaches/office members left from the wannestadt era?! forgive me but it seems that all the coaching positions have been filled by new arrivals thanks to saban.

ladeback said:
True, but don't you think it was good to pretty much get rid of the last of the old regime?
I honestly see Spielman as the least incompetent member of the last regime. That said regime change is in order but the guy did OK all things considered. I mean it was already a Superbowl or bust season for Wanny, and there was no long term plan in place.

This is starting to remind me of the Crucible, or Mcarthyism. :lol:

A mad witch hunt for anyone associated with wanny! :fire:

DolphinDevil28 said:

Dude, I have never seen you even string together more than 2 sentences (go ahead and look). The guy takes the time to write something and the first post is you ripping it. Weak!

It's pretty hard to defend Spielman IMO. Regardless of Wannstedt, his philosophies and his coaching staff, and Spielman's deft late rounders, the fact remains.

He gave up too much for Feeley.
He gave up too much for Gordon.
He gave up too much for Carey.

He tried to do too much in one year. He panicked and got played. He may get better down the road. But it couldn't have happened in Miami. People in top positions don't stick around after they're demoted. Same reason why you don't see head coaches staying on as coordinators. It just can't and won't happen.

And I seriously doubt the players are saddened by this development. From what I know, Rick wasn't held in the highest esteem by the players either.

Martel said:
Dude, I have never seen you even string together more than 2 sentences (go ahead and look). The guy takes the time to write something and the first post is you ripping it. Weak!

Do you want me to pull up all my old, extremely in-depth mock drafts that I did on here???

I don't make long posts because I know people like to read stuff that is short and sweet. Not some 3 paragraph rant.

I scored a perfect on the English section of the ACT, I am in Mass comm. at LSU in the broadcast journalism department. I have written several features and have been entered into contests.

I've written articles about the Dolphins on several other sites in the past.
I've shown proffesionals my work and they loved it.

Should I go on??? YOU are the one that is WEAK, Ms. O'Donnell.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=74125&highlight=Mock+Drafts
...Go ahead and read the responses it got while you are at it, Martel.

Muck said:
It's pretty hard to defend Spielman IMO. Regardless of Wannstedt, his philosophies and his coaching staff, and Spielman's deft late rounders, the fact remains.

He gave up too much for Feeley.
He gave up too much for Gordon.
He gave up too much for Carey.

He tried to do too much in one year. He panicked and got played. He may get better down the road. But it couldn't have happened in Miami. People in top positions don't stick around after they're demoted. Same reason why you don't see head coaches staying on as coordinators. It just can't and won't happen.

And I seriously doubt the players are saddened by this development. From what I know, Rick wasn't held in the highest esteem by the players either.
I think Wayne had alot of influence on putting a winner on the field and Splielman got caught up it.

Megatron said:
I think Wayne had alot of influence on putting a winner on the field and Splielman got caught up it.

Good point. I thought about that too and can't discount it.

Then again, one would think that after interviewing and handing Rick the job, he'd let Rick do the job he hired him to do without interference. Wayne's reputation is one of "hands off". But I believe he will put his foot down when he wants something done.

Muck said:
Good point. I thought about that too and can't discount it.

Then again, one would think that after interviewing and handing Rick the job, he'd let Rick do the job he hired him to do without interference. Wayne's reputation is one of "hands off". But I believe he will put his foot down when he wants something done.
Wayne made it clear he wanted a winner last season. Most of us thought we were a player away for the last two years. The nucleus of our team said win now. The word on the street was now or never. He did his best, he may have been out of his depth, but he did his best. Honestly he tried to get what he thought the best QB was to supplant Fiedler. He can only work with the hand he was dealt and it wasn't much.

Back
Top Bottom