[Commentary] The Myth of Multiple Suitors: How Daunte is shooting himself in the foot | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Commentary] The Myth of Multiple Suitors: How Daunte is shooting himself in the foot

u know how much $$$$$ cpep already has gotten from da fish??
Plenty.. 4 what??Cash dem checks n den n get pissed off.CP
U is cut off...from dem welfare checks.Now SIT DOWN N Dont
Piss dat Mueller Guy off.

cp need to be really with his self first. if he is health he should be able to go to a teams like jacksonville, det, minn or cleveland and try to beatout the starter.but if he is hurts he need to heal and be ready to go next yr...he is going to lose money. this is nfl not nba??? he is just like a 6th rd pick he will have to prove to everybody else that he is still the man... other qb in nfl is not worring about cp anymore....

I Don't Think He Cares About Money......if He Did He Would Take A Trade.......he Feels He Got Punked And He Wants The Dolphins To Suffer For It!

I Don't Think He Cares About Money......if He Did He Would Take A Trade.......he Feels He Got Punked And He Wants The Dolphins To Suffer For It!

Paraphrasing Jim Rome:"When it's not about the money, it's ALWAYS about the money."

The signing bonus is about the only cash a player can bank.

DC is pretty smart for taking this stance. He will do much better by having a choice.

DC is pretty smart for taking this stance. He will do much better by having a choice.

Can you explain to me how he will do better?

If the dolphins hang on to him til the last possible moment, and he cant train with his new team or learn thier playbook, how will that benefit him?

To me this is a case of nobody wins, The dolphins likely will get nothing for him and his value will be greatly diminished because they wont release him until the last minute before they are obligated to give him more money.

Also just curious but could Cam drill him to exhaustion while he is still on the team. Is DC obligated to run the drills he is told too? Does anybody know?

I really agree with the quote..."He is marketing himself from a position of personal pride rather than pragmatism".

Goes along with the saying, "we're always the last to know"... when the skills start declining.

The Dolphins' biggest misstep was allowing Culpepper on the practice field. While they're trying to work out a trade, it's in their best interests to help Culpepper keep rehabbing while keeping his true football readiness a mystery and letting the new offense gel.

I disagree. I believe that allowing him on the field is the only thing that will save them during the arbitration hearing. I believe the CBA requires teams to allow the players on the roster access to the buildings and practice.

Also, he was medically cleared to practice.... how could they justify telling him he had to continue his rehab?

The big question for me is when a contract is restructured, what parameters can be changed? the yearly salary? the total compensation? the length of the contract? I don't think it can just be ripped up and completely redone. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Culpepper's concern (IMO) is that he redoes the deal for a low yearly salary and he comes back strong and wins a starting job next year. In a year he will be in a contract battle again. He was a shorter term deal than the current contract that runs through 2013.

His value is low right now. He feels that he can prove that he is more valuable soon and wants to be in a position to regain his former value and not be locked into a contract that undervalues him.

That falls under "Too Effing Bad".

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom