[Commentary] The Myth of Multiple Suitors: How Daunte is shooting himself in the foot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Commentary] The Myth of Multiple Suitors: How Daunte is shooting himself in the foot

Culpepper has no realistic sense of his market value. He is marketing himself from a position of personal pride rather than pragmatism, and with each day he refuses to be open to a trade, he is further sabotaging his chances of a meaningful (and lucrative) 2007 season.

YAHTZEE!!!!!!

If he wants to be a complete d*ck and stand in our way of recouping something from our investment, then by all means - we will stand in his way of getting on a team in time to get acclimated and compete for the starting job during these upcoming summer months.

This is why we should just drop him. No one will pickup his contract. Let him take the risk, and cut our losses.

To paraphrase Mark Twain, any man who is his own agent has a fool for a client.

Great article, Muck. Thanks!

YAHTZEE!!!!!!

If he wants to be a complete d*ck and stand in our way of recouping something from our investment, then by all means - we will stand in his way of getting on a team in time to get acclimated and compete for the starting job during these upcoming summer months.

Total agree with you on this and the article was right on. It will be interesting to see when all this is said and done if we find out any "behind closed door" info!!! I wonder if Daunte has thought about what would happen if we keep him until the last week of camp, where would he go, and I'm sure he wouldn't make near the $$$ he would then as he could now if he open's up to a trade. I don't make NEAR that kinda money and can figure that one out!

To paraphrase Mark Twain, any man who is his own agent has a fool for a client.

Great article, Muck. Thanks!

Thanks.

Dr. Z writes all my posts too. He's quite a busy guy!! :tongue:

If no one wants him in FA then why would anyone want to trade for him?

Daunte just wants to be able to pick the team that he goes to, and if the Fins release him, plenty more teams will be willing to take shot on a guy that surely has something left in the tank. Come on now, to get this guy without giving up a draft pick...that's a no-brainer for Detroit, Jacksonville, or someone else looking for a solid backup, potential starter again.

Face it, we release him we're screwed(no compensation), if we hold him too long...we're screwed(he's taking up cap dollars)...not sure which is worse really. I'd take whatever pick a team throws our way 5th, 6th, or 7th at this point. However, yet another wasted 2nd rounder.

Back
Top Bottom