Commentary: This is Why They Play The Games | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: This is Why They Play The Games

BTW - I'd like to add that Phil originally submitted this article Saturday. We were simply having problems with our system.

Great job though!!

Good article. Nice wrap up. It's boom or bust from here on out.

Cue bust-ers....

Excellent article. Pretty much summed up my thoughts on the upcoming season.

(Although I used to like Leslie Sheppard for some reason).

Remy_Basara_UK said:
Excellent article. Pretty much summed up my thoughts on the upcoming season.

(Although I used to like Leslie Sheppard for some reason).

Thank you!

As Muck said, we had various and sundry problems getting this in, and I feel a little out-of-date with it. So take that with a grain of salt. For example, Keenan McCardell now looks like at least a reasonable possibility, where I had all but discounted him in the article.

And I have a soft spot for crummy Dolphin receivers too. I was a big Lamar Thomas fan, and I thought Horace Copeland was going to be a good #3 WR. Come to think of it, I've got a soft spot for almost all former UM receivers. (Except Randal Hill. That bum.)

Great article and very nicely written. I am having a harder time comparing this team to the 2000 team than you are. I think the greatest variable, which gets underplayed, is the fact that we are dealing with an entirely new offensive coaching staff. Even if we had talent it would take time to get everyone one the same page. When you pair it with all the new unproven talent, it makes for a scary situation.

I see this year being different for us than from previous years. I actually see us getting better as the season progresses and things get sorted out.

But as you said...that's why they play the game.

Wow... Thank you for a great article!!! That IS why they play the games...

We will either get to the playoffs or have a really nice pick in next year's draft. Let's hope that if it has to be the later, that our D (which isn't getting any younger) can hold on to the dominance that they have displayed the past few years!!

I also feel that we'll get better as the season progresses. It's not as if these new players and coaches (from an offensive terminology standpoint) going to get worse. Right now things are in disarray.

Nice article and I agree about the possiblity someone will step up to get us into the playoffs w/o our 2 lost stars. I am really worried offensively still how we are going to counter teams bringing 1 safety up to the LOS and shifting the other over to help on Chambers. We either need our #2 WR - DT - to beat man coverage often or need to get enuf pass protection to get the ball to Randy over the middle. Or what else ?

5-11 or 12-4... hmm... my guess is that it might be somewhere in the middle....... 9-7 wouldnt be so bad

Great article. Nice to see a positive spin on things. I for one think 11-5 is a very good possibility this year still. 12-4 would just make me spontaneously combust :beerbang:

Back
Top Bottom