Comments made by an LSU player.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comments made by an LSU player..

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
Nick 007

How do you think some of the players are going to react to Nick's approach in regards to his agressive attitude. ??

i guess they're gonna react better than college players. not all these young players are ready to receive a damn huge scream at their faces, just like this guy that said the comments.
otherwise some pro players tend to relaxing, that's why i'd rather have a mad coach screaming at them. Though tehy're mature enough to understand that's better playing for a angry guy who wins than for a friendly incompetent guy.

They've had a cheerleader for five years. It didn't do them much good. I suspect Saban will adjust a bit b/c he's talking to older players; but, I doubt he'll be any less critical when they make mistakes. They should have tough skins and be able to take it.

For older players, I like the philosophy that if you can handle rough criticism from your coach - it should toughen your skin a bit when you are under pressure from another team. That may help the players be more mentally tough in the late season winter games. he needs to toughen them up.

BrazForPhins said:
i guess they're gonna react better than college players. not all these young players are ready to receive a damn huge scream at their faces, just like this guy that said the comments.
otherwise some pro players tend to relaxing, that's why i'd rather have a mad coach screaming at them. Though tehy're mature enough to understand that's better playing for a angry guy who wins than for a friendly incompetent guy.

Agreed. They are adults. Something about the way that Saban operated still got them a championship -- no matter what kid whines about it after he departs.

The Dolphins need a leader, and they got one.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I played high school football with Cam Vaughn, the guy who made the comment in that article.

What was your High School HC attitude like?? Since he's crying about Nick being a little too hard..

The Wolf: You're... Wayne, right? This is your house?
Wayne: Sure is.
The Wolf: I'm coach Saban. I solve problems.
Wayne: Good, we got one.
The Wolf: So I heard. May I come in?
Wayne: Uh, yeah, please do.

The Wolf: J.T. lead the way. Boys, get to work.
Jay Williams: A please would be nice.
The Wolf: What?
Jay Williams: I said a please would be nice.
The Wolf: Get it straight, gentlemen: I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do. And if self-preservation is an instinct that you possess, you'd better do it and do it quick. If my help's not appreciated, lots of luck, gentlemen.
J.T.: No, Mr. Wolf, it ain't like that...
Jay Williams: I don't mean any disrespect, I just don't like people barking orders at me.
The Wolf: If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please, with sugar on top, or i'm cleaning house.

I would think that Miami's players would welcome the attention to detail after going through five years in which detail was completely ignored. The early reaction from the players shows that they have bought into what Nick Saban is trying to do.

I can remember that many thought Wannstedt's more laid back style would be a welcome addition after experiencing Johnson's more abrasive and manipulative style. Yet, players still went to Johnson when they had problems they wanted to talk about.

I believe every player out there wants to be coached hard, deep down. There are some that simply don't have what it takes to reach that desire. I believe Miami has players that will be able to reach down and grab that desire. They certainly don't have any quit in them.

I don't think I like Saban's attitude too much. He definately has the "high horse" approach. However, none of us want a nice coach, we want one who wins. All the guys on the team get paid butt loads of money to play under whatever coach Huizenga hires. If they don't like it then they can just pull a Ricky and quit.

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
What was your High School HC attitude like?? Since he's crying about Nick being a little too hard..

Coach Hank is definitely a players' coach. He would fuss at times, but he really loved his guys and he was very approachable. He'd joke with us at times too.

As long as you're getting paid 5 Million dollars a year to do what you love it shouldn't matter if someone screams at you. If you are doing something wrong whilst getting paid multi-millions you better hear about it or your coach isn't doing the right thing.

A soft coach equals Wannstedt, your players become lazy and commit penalties, as we have witnessed. It's like this, yelling at your players is like yelling at your kids. If you see your kid do something bad, oyu either scream at them or beat the kid, so that way they won't want to do it again. You scream at your players and make them do extra fitness so they will not want to do it again. Thank you Saban, who's your daddy.

Some players may not like Saban's approach because their egos are too big.. (i.e. Jay Williams) To those people I say: "Find a new team"

BrazForPhins said:

I disagree. Pro players are more likely to be ****y if they get in a feud with a coach. They are already making millions of dollars, and if they are playing with a ****y coach and LOSING they probably will give up, or might not even play with heart. Thats if they are losing, when teams with tough coaches are winning they seem to do alright.

Back
Top Bottom