comments on sabans press confrence about bama.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

comments on sabans press confrence about bama..

allport30

Starter
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6309082?FSO1&ATT=HMA

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - The latest from Nick Saban regarding the vacant Alabama coaching job: no comment.

"I'm just making a rule to never comment on something like that again because every time you comment on it, it just makes for another story," Saban said Wednesday. "So I'm not going to comment on it five years from now, and I'm not going to comment on it next week."

The Miami Dolphins coach was asked about the Alabama job during a conference call with reporters in Indianapolis. Miami (6-9) concludes its season Sunday at Indy. Reports linking Alabama and Saban began circulating last month, soon after the Crimson Tide fired Mike Shula as coach. Saban has repeatedly denied interest in the job.

I think the guy has a point. You get tired of answering the same question over and over again. The media just keeps it going no matter what the guy says, so why bother.

For crying out loud. I wish the media would just STFU about this. He has said it again and again, HE IS NOT GOING TO COACH ALABAMA.

Part of the problem is Saban's history. Prior to LSU's bowl game (Citrus bowl) he was asked repeatedly about rumors linking him to the Dolphin HC job and he gave similar answers to what he is giving now. He says he's not interested, but at the same time leaves some loose ends.

Part of the problem is Saban's history. Prior to LSU's bowl game (Citrus bowl) he was asked repeatedly about rumors linking him to the Dolphin HC job and he gave similar answers to what he is giving now. He says he's not interested, but at the same time leaves some loose ends.

He didn't leave any loose ends
He flat out said hes not going

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

(On a posting on NFL.com linking him to the Alabama coaching vacancy) – “I have no other comments to make about that. I don’t know how many times I have to respond to rumor and innuendo. I have no control over it. I’ve stated what my intentions are. They really haven’t changed, so I don’t know what the issue is. I don’t know why people keep asking about it. What they talk about over there is their business, but what’s happening here is my business and our business and that’s what we’re focused on. That’s what I committed to doing. I don’t know how else I can say it. I’ve said it on three different occasions and I don’t know how else I can say it. I don’t know why you keep asking. I don’t control what people say. I don’t control what people put on dot com or anything else. I’m just telling you there’s no significance in my opinion about this, about me, about any interest I have in anything other than being the coach here.”

(On stating emphatically that he will not be the head coach at Alabama) – “I think I just said that. Did I not say that? Why didn’t I say that? I guess I have to say it. I’m not going to be the Alabama coach. I shouldn’t even have to comment on this. I think I’ve said this over and over and over again.”

(On if he thinks it’s strange that it has taken Alabama a long time to find a replacement) – “They handle their business. It’s none of my business.”

I guess they think he's just like Butch Davis was when he left the Hurricanes high and dry after he stated over and over that he was not leaving for any other job.

I was browsing the internet and found an article on Nick Saban dated December 13, 2006. It is an Alabama website and I'm not sure if anyone else on this site has seen it.

It is an EXCELLENT read and will make everyone feel a hell of a lot better, at least for those who actually like Nick Saban.

Here are some quotes:

"Nick doesn't ever look happy," said Chris Landry, a Baton Rouge-based NFL scout and analyst for Fox Sports Radio. "He's always so focused and driven."

"From a football/organization standpoint, his situation is perfect and he knows it," Landry said. "He's got what he wants. It's a chance of a lifetime. He'll have success. He took a team with six-win personnel last year and won nine games. He's doing a good job in my opinion. They're an old team that he's trying to rebuild. That challenge kind of drives him. There's no question he'll have success in Miami and he'll be given the time he needs to have it."

"I think that would take them out of some other candidates," Landry said. "(Saban to Alabama) isn't happening at all. He's every bit committed to Miami. Alabama's not even on his radar. After the season, he's going to be focused immediately on draft preparation and free agency. I think you can take that to the bank."

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/nmccready.ssf?/base/sports/1166005739307640.xml&coll=3

im really fed up with the media and bama, i mean what makes them think that they are so good that they can lure him away from an NFL team that he is still under contract with...its disrespectful on their part. Not to mention how the media wont take no as an answer, to them if he says no that means yes so really the stories wont stop comming out until alabama officialy hires their new HC, which wont be saban!

He didn't leave any loose ends
He flat out said hes not going

His agent (Sexton) meeting with Alabama is a loose end IMO. He was just as emphatic when asked about his future at LSU.
At this point the whole issue bores me and I really don't care what he does anymore.

His agent (Sexton) meeting with Alabama is a loose end IMO. He was just as emphatic when asked about his future at LSU.
At this point the whole issue bores me and I really don't care what he does anymore.

His agent would probably field calls from a HS team, thats his job.

And I don't recall him ever saying "I am not going to be the Miami Dolphins head coach" as he has with bama.

His agents job is to take calls but he already said he isn't going anywhere so I don't know why people keep on bringing it up. What he said when he was at LSU and what he has said while he has been here are different and aren't alike like some people are saying.

Back
Top Bottom