Common denominator | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Common denominator

Mudd

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't post here much but I felt the need. I have been a dolphins fan since I was a kid in the early 70's and will always be a dolphins fan even through these miserable years.

You guys can call for the tank and Tua all you want but if you don't build a line around him so he can throw the rock it will all be for nothing.
Almost all NFL qb's and a good majority of major college qb's can throw the ball well if you give them a pocket and some time.
I've seen many on here say Lamar Jackson can't throw his way out of a wet paper bag, he had all day to throw yesterday and looked like a HOF'er.
The reason Tua and Trevor are the top rated college qb's is bc they have the 2 best college lines in front of them and above average wr's. Griese, and Marino in his early days, had great olines or at least above ave.
It's not a coincidence our qb's have sucked for years, our olines have sucked right with them. Rosen can be a hell of a qb if you give him time. He has been a flop so far bc he has played behind 2 of the worst olines in the nfl.
Out of yesterday's games look at the qb's with the best numbers and wins, they were all protected and given time.

No thank you! We've been trying that formula for almost 15 years. I'd like to try the "get a great QB" strategy this time around and build a "decent" line around him.

No, we haven't. We haven't had any formula for 15 years. That's been the problem.

I'd like to have at least a halfway competent line around the guy we figure is going to be our franchise QB so he doesn't wind up with PTSD or physically mangled. Instead, we burned everything down in the name of getting draft picks that will be used to rebuild what we just burned down.

No, we haven't. We haven't had any formula for 15 years. That's been the problem.

I'd like to have at least a halfway competent line around the guy we figure is going to be our franchise QB so he doesn't wind up with PTSD or physically mangled. Instead, we burned everything down in the name of getting draft picks that will be used to rebuild what we just burned down.

This is the problem with Rosen. He probably could have been a very good QB but damn! The kid is getting ****ed with bad OLs. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose Fitz and Rosen this year to injury.

No thank you! We've been trying that formula for almost 15 years. I'd like to try the "get a great QB" strategy this time around and build a "decent" line around him.
We haven't tried that formula for the past 15 years, we have not built a good line around anyone.
Murray has looked average behind that crap oline at Arizona. Same will happen to Tua here if the front office don't get it, and you will say Tua is a flop and we need Trevor.

Let's do both next year. It ain't hard.

Well, If it weren't for the virgin sacrifices and getting resources from the FB Gods then we wouldn't have the ammo to do both...See how that works?
Ofcourse, the FO is going to have to nail some picks and sign solid FAs. But at least they have the capital to do so.

I don't post here much but I felt the need. I have been a dolphins fan since I was a kid in the early 70's and will always be a dolphins fan even through these miserable years.

You guys can call for the tank and Tua all you want but if you don't build a line around him so he can throw the rock it will all be for nothing.
Almost all NFL qb's and a good majority of major college qb's can throw the ball well if you give them a pocket and some time.
I've seen many on here say Lamar Jackson can't throw his way out of a wet paper bag, he had all day to throw yesterday and looked like a HOF'er.
The reason Tua and Trevor are the top rated college qb's is bc they have the 2 best college lines in front of them and above average wr's. Griese, and Marino in his early days, had great olines or at least above ave.
It's not a coincidence our qb's have sucked for years, our olines have sucked right with them. Rosen can be a hell of a qb if you give him time. He has been a flop so far bc he has played behind 2 of the worst olines in the nfl.
Out of yesterday's games look at the qb's with the best numbers and wins, they were all protected and given time.

I like everything you had to say and agree!

Hopefully we can turn these picks into quality O-lineman and pay a couple studs in FA....

Tua was under a fair amount of pressure vs Duke. Your overall point is correct - good OL play helps the QB a lot. As much as the QB, though, it opens up things for the playcaller and makes the defense cover more of the field. Since the 2019 offseason, I've been saying that the team needs to put all its major resources into QB, WR/TE, and OL. The D doesn't matter until you have those in place. It's why I disliked the Wilkins picks.

Tua was under a fair amount of pressure vs Duke. Your overall point is correct - good OL play helps the QB a lot. As much as the QB, though, it opens up things for the playcaller and makes the defense cover more of the field. Since the 2019 offseason, I've been saying that the team needs to put all its major resources into QB, WR/TE, and OL. The D doesn't matter until you have those in place. It's why I disliked the Wilkins picks.

We have. We’ve just been really bad at it

It ain't hard. Get your QB and build the line next year. We have picks and money.

It's coming just be patient.
That seemed to be the plan with Tannehill...didn't work out too well.

I think it's funny you said it ain't hard though. Like we've had a good O-line within the last 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom