Common denominator | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Common denominator

That seemed to be the plan with Tannehill...didn't work out too well.

I think it's funny you said it ain't hard though. Like we've had a good O-line within the last 15 years.
Only difference is picks and cap space to do it. Just do it right.

Only difference is picks and cap space to do it. Just do it right.
I'm glad some people have faith Grier...it's good to have something to hope for. Being part of this front office for 20 years shouldn't deter you from believing this will be the year he gets it right.

I'm glad some people have faith Grier...it's good to have something to hope for. Being part of this front office for 20 years shouldn't deter you from believing this will be the year he gets it right.
Remember it's not just Grier in there.

I don't post here much but I felt the need. I have been a dolphins fan since I was a kid in the early 70's and will always be a dolphins fan even through these miserable years.

You guys can call for the tank and Tua all you want but if you don't build a line around him so he can throw the rock it will all be for nothing.
Almost all NFL qb's and a good majority of major college qb's can throw the ball well if you give them a pocket and some time.
I've seen many on here say Lamar Jackson can't throw his way out of a wet paper bag, he had all day to throw yesterday and looked like a HOF'er.
The reason Tua and Trevor are the top rated college qb's is bc they have the 2 best college lines in front of them and above average wr's. Griese, and Marino in his early days, had great olines or at least above ave.
It's not a coincidence our qb's have sucked for years, our olines have sucked right with them. Rosen can be a hell of a qb if you give him time. He has been a flop so far bc he has played behind 2 of the worst olines in the nfl.
Out of yesterday's games look at the qb's with the best numbers and wins, they were all protected and given time.

No doubt...whether they draft a QB or ride with Rosen...they better use a few of those many draft picks on O-line.

I don't post here much but I felt the need. I have been a dolphins fan since I was a kid in the early 70's and will always be a dolphins fan even through these miserable years.

You guys can call for the tank and Tua all you want but if you don't build a line around him so he can throw the rock it will all be for nothing.
Almost all NFL qb's and a good majority of major college qb's can throw the ball well if you give them a pocket and some time.
I've seen many on here say Lamar Jackson can't throw his way out of a wet paper bag, he had all day to throw yesterday and looked like a HOF'er.
The reason Tua and Trevor are the top rated college qb's is bc they have the 2 best college lines in front of them and above average wr's. Griese, and Marino in his early days, had great olines or at least above ave.
It's not a coincidence our qb's have sucked for years, our olines have sucked right with them. Rosen can be a hell of a qb if you give him time. He has been a flop so far bc he has played behind 2 of the worst olines in the nfl.
Out of yesterday's games look at the qb's with the best numbers and wins, they were all protected and given time.
Thanks for posting @Mudd , and please keep sharing your input! It is appreciated.

I agree. We've been woefully deficient at OL for what seems like forever. It's no coincidence that our QB play has suffered. I'm a big fan of how the Patriots build an OL, and I've detailed it in other threads, but essentially, they create competent OL's using a good formula, and I'm hoping Michael Deiter is step 1 of this process for Miami. But like you said, we need quite a few more pieces for our 2020 QB.

I'm all for building the OL sooner rather than later, but when you have a shot at an elite QB, you take him, never wait on that selection.

Tua was under a fair amount of pressure vs Duke. Your overall point is correct - good OL play helps the QB a lot. As much as the QB, though, it opens up things for the playcaller and makes the defense cover more of the field. Since the 2019 offseason, I've been saying that the team needs to put all its major resources into QB, WR/TE, and OL. The D doesn't matter until you have those in place. It's why I disliked the Wilkins picks.
I also hated the Wilkens pick, even though I liked the player, for the same reasons you didn't like it. What's the vision of this front office for building this team? That's also why I didn't like hiring a head coach from the defensive side of the ball. Miami should have looked for an offensive minded play caller even if they had to dip into the college ranks. The NFL is using more and more college concepts these days. Build the offense first. It's the hardest and most time consuming side of the ball to get right.

1. Get QB

2. Sit QB behind Fitz and/or Rosen in 2020

3. Build line

4. Start new QB in 2021

5. ????

6. Go 8-8 for eternity because defense now sucks.

Back
Top Bottom