Common Sense= Earl Thomas | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Common Sense= Earl Thomas

Its a simple and rather academic argument: if you can't get to the QB, then it doesn't matter who you have at safety. A good pass rush will cover up a bad secondary. The same could not be said about a good secondary covering up a bad pass rush. Thats the common sense of the situation.

Every once in awhile you might get a coverage sack, but if a QB can stand in the pocket with nothing to worry about, you will get picked apart every single time. See the Colts and Chargers game this year.
With a good pass rush, QB's at least get nervous. A QB that is nervous from being hit consistently makes bad decisions, those bad decisions turn into turnovers. The game unravels from there.

You can't find a better staff at developing linebackers then with Bill Parcells scouting the talent and Mike Nolan teaching them. In the short and long term, a outside linebacker is the right move.

First up, OLB is the critical need. FS and NT are second and will be filled based on BPA. That said, unless Eric Berry falls to 12, I am fairly certain they will trade down and take a OLB with their first pick and either FS or NT with the pick they gain in the second. There are several solid FSs in the 2-3 round range.

I concur with those who speak of Thomas' weak tackling. Not a good idea to have him and Smith in the same secondary.

I'll be shocked if Eric Berry falls to 12 but if he does, I think that is a no brainer. Hopefully, he does and they feel the same way.

Back
Top Bottom