Common Sense= Earl Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Common Sense= Earl Thomas

KippyIA1354

Home of the ONE and ONLY PERFECT TEAM!
Reaction score
I have finally figured out who I want at the 12th pick,if the Phins stay there. I actually wouldn't mind moving out and picking a few more picks which mean value. But right now let's say they stay there at 12 and pick. In my opinion, the greatest need by far is the free safety position,simply because we really don't have any quality stop gaps there. Don't tell me Chris Clemons. Clemons didn't show anything to warrant any insurance to hold down that position nor did Rodney Culver. The Phins second biggest need is of course the DT position where we will have Paul Solai manning until the "roider" Ferguson comes back after an 8 game suspension. I think we can get enough out of Solai to step up and man that position. The main point is here, if Earl thomas is still there at 12, I think it's a no brainer. Let's also take into consideration he fits this regimes philosophy in that he's only 20,and plug him in the rotation with Davis,Smith,Bell, and Allen coming back from injury, and you have a nice,young, and most of all talented secondary. Which we all know is very vital in a dominant passing league. Needless to say, Thomas gives you a ballhawking safety that we have not had since Brock Marion. Eric Berry is a stud too and we all know he will be gone by the 12th and no doubt maybe Thomas too. Let's just hope he somehow falls to 12th and we pick up stud safety for years to come!!!

clear.gif

I liked him when I was hearin about him but then I seen alil tape on him and I don't kno any more. He's a very weak n skinny guy compared to NFL player, tackling might beca real issue, he's no Ed reed or sharper. I say try n trade Ronnie and draft Ryan Matthews

I have finally figured out who I want at the 12th pick,if the Phins stay there. I actually wouldn't mind moving out and picking a few more picks which mean value. But right now let's say they stay there at 12 and pick. In my opinion, the greatest need by far is the free safety position,simply because we really don't have any quality stop gaps there. Don't tell me Chris Clemons. Clemons didn't show anything to warrant any insurance to hold down that position nor did Rodney Culver. The Phins second biggest need is of course the DT position where we will have Paul Solai manning until the "roider" Ferguson comes back after an 8 game suspension. I think we can get enough out of Solai to step up and man that position. The main point is here, if Earl thomas is still there at 12, I think it's a no brainer. Let's also take into consideration he fits this regimes philosophy in that he's only 20,and plug him in the rotation with Davis,Smith,Bell, and Allen coming back from injury, and you have a nice,young, and most of all talented secondary. Which we all know is very vital in a dominant passing league. Needless to say, Thomas gives you a ballhawking safety that we have not had since Brock Marion. Eric Berry is a stud too and we all know he will be gone by the 12th and no doubt maybe Thomas too. Let's just hope he somehow falls to 12th and we pick up stud safety for years to come!!!

:fhpotd::linedance:

Although I agree that FS does make sense and if Berry is gone then Thomas is the logical pick at that position. I think it would be a no-brainer to draft Berry if he was still available at #12. Miami will be looking for an impact player and starter as a rookie with pick #12 and Berry is surely that.

I also agree that NT is an area of need. However, few rookies come in and are able to contribute significantly at NT right away. I think Miami would be best served by spending their 3rd or 4th round pick at that position and taking a year or two to develop the player. In the mean time they can sign a veteran as they become available will happen after the draft and during preseason as players are cut.

Having said that I see the #12 pick being a rush linebacker. Miami has tried to address FS through free agency so it tells me they are not "in love" with a player at that position at #12. Miami is reluctant to offer JT a contract until after the draft. That tells me Miami is looking to get a "impact" player at rush linebacker in the draft. That would certainly come at pick #12. So I see Miami drafting one of a possible 4 players with the pick in this order imo...

1. Brandon Graham (most productive on the field)
2. Derrick Morgan (has the size Parcell's loves)
3. Jason Pierre-Paul (just a physical freak, but lacks experience)
4. Sergio Kindle (too undersized and not strong enough in coverage imo)

I don't know if Miami would insert Thomas as a better value than say Morgan or Pierre-Paul, but I think they are definitely leaning toward rush linebacker at #12.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Earl Thomas but I think OLB is the most realistic choice for us... If you get a good OLB that can push pressure on a QB it can make any FS look good...

zzzzzzzzzzMcClainzzzzzzzzzzz Don't forget this FO does things in two's. Dansby was the 1st

FS is NOT our biggest need and NT is NOT our 2nd biggest need......OLB that can rush the passer is without question our biggest need.Now that doesn't mean we'll take an OLB at 12 but that is our biggest need.I believe the guy they like is Kindle but I could be wrong and I doubt they'll draft Earl Thomas.

Ozzy rules!!

round 1.....FS
round 3.....OLB
round 4.....NT
round 5.....OLB
round 6.....BPA X3
rount 7.....BPA X3

Although I agree that FS does make sense and if Berry is gone then Thomas is the logical pick at that position. I think it would be a no-brainer to draft Berry if he was still available at #12. Miami will be looking for an impact player and starter as a rookie with pick #12 and Berry is surely that.

I also agree that NT is an area of need. However, few rookies come in and are able to contribute significantly at NT right away. I think Miami would be best served by spending their 3rd or 4th round pick at that position and taking a year or two to develop the player. In the mean time they can sign a veteran as they become available will happen after the draft and during preseason as players are cut.

Having said that I see the #12 pick being a rush linebacker. Miami has tried to address FS through free agency so it tells me they are not "in love" with a player at that position at #12. Miami is reluctant to offer JT a contract until after the draft. That tells me Miami is looking to get a "impact" player at rush linebacker in the draft. That would certainly come at pick #12. So I see Miami drafting one of a possible 4 players with the pick in this order imo...

1. Brandon Graham (most productive on the field)
2. Derrick Morgan (has the size Parcell's loves)
3. Jason Pierre-Paul (just a physical freak, but lacks experience)
4. Sergio Kindle (too undersized and not strong enough in coverage imo)

I don't know if Miami would insert Thomas as a better value than say Morgan or Pierre-Paul, but I think they are definitely leaning toward rush linebacker at #12.

So, let me get this straight. We use a 3rd or 4th round pick on a NT and also pick up someone's reject. So while Fergerson is gone for the first 8 games and Mr. Soliai is really not the answer, we either use a reject from someone else or a player that will take 2 to 3 years to develop. Hell, no need to get a safety then, because the opposing teams won't have to throw the ball on us at all. Just run it up the gut. NT is one of if not THE most important position in the 3-4. Without a good NT were dead.

Only way FS is number one is if its berry or if we trade for a OLB

i beg to differ, 1 berry is gone so we go 1a Earl Thomas.
i think we get a FA OLB so we can get Earl in the first and then go get olb in the 3rd..........

I wouldn't mind Earl Thomas at 12, but I'd much prefer Brandon Graham. He fills a bigger need and he's a better player at his respective position IMO. Put on the tape of Graham at the senior bowl - he made plays on every single snap, both against the run and pass. That game really sold me on the kid, and relieved any ill feeling that I had about him.

Back
Top Bottom