Compare Olympic/other athletes to Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Compare Olympic/other athletes to Dolphins

HeartbreakKid28

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just for fun, since the Olympics are in full swing, why not somehow relate it with the Dolphins. Past or present, are there any olympic athletes who have reminded you of Dolphins players? Can also use other athletes like baseball/soccer/hockey players. I'm sticking to only Olympians though since it is Olympic time.

Bode Miller and Ricky Williams - This one is a given. These two should be best friends. They were both at the top of their game and heavily hyped. Ricky after 2002 and 2003 being one of the best RBs in the game. Bode after two silvers in SLC and some world championships. We all know what happened with Ricky. Well with Bode he was the most publicized athlete going into Torino 2006. Instead he went 0-for-5 and got drunk and partied most nights, famously saying he "enjoyed his two weeks since he got to party at an Olympic level." Everyone wrote him off after. Yet he came back and now has won 3 medals so far. Both came back with new outlooks and happier lives and it was like they hadn't missed a step. And both of course hate doing interviews with the media and don't like the spotlight/pressure of doing all sorts of endorsements and publicity. They just want to perform, and they do it naturally. They're the Anti-Tom Brady, individuals who do things their way.

Michelle Kwan and Dan Marino - Couldn't think of any other better reminder of Dan. Dan is one of the greatest QBs of all time, is a household name even to people who don't like football. Set all kinds of records we know. I guess she would be similar. Won all kinds of events, everyone knows her name even if you don't like figure skating like me, but she never won the Gold medal. Probably the most famous olympic athlete to never win gold. But silver is pretty damn good, I'd love a silver or bronze medal. Dan did get an AFC championship ring though...

Charles Barkley is one athlete some would compare to Dan, but while he never got an NBA title, he has two Olympic gold medals. I'd take a Gold medal over a championship anyday.

Bonus points for anyone who can think of a good athlete to relate to Ted Ginn. Ryan Leaf? Anna Kournikova?(at least she's hot though)

Johnny Weir the queer and that fruitcake himself, Ted Ginn Jr.

photo_johnny_weir713477-1.jpg

AND

clear.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny Weir the queer and that fruitcake himself, Ted Ginn Jr.

photo_johnny_weir713477-1.jpg

AND

clear.gif

hahahahah! I actually laughed out loud! At least you matched them up not only according to their abilities but in the same weight class as well!

Ted Ginn = Lolo Jones.

Also, now that Asashoryu retired from Sumo, the Dolphins should recruit him for NT.

clear.gif

I guess Ill go with Ricky Williams and Micheal Phelps

This is kind of ironic, the guy you all are bashing on (Ginn) is the only Dolphin who could have actually competed at the Olympic level. 110M Hurdles, look it up.

This is kind of ironic, the guy you all are bashing on (Ginn) is the only Dolphin who could have actually competed at the Olympic level. 110M Hurdles, look it up.

Which is why I said Lolo Jones, who choked big time at the olympics.

first thing that popped into my head was ricky and phelps. both high profile and like the weed, and got caught!

Ginn never choked in track, so that doesn't make a whole lot of sense man. He was a true beast on the track.

the thread compares Dolphins with olympic athletes. hence the Marino/Kwan comparison...

No one here cares how Ginn was on the track, we all know he has speed for days, but what good is it if he cant catch the ball.

i know this isnt a Dolphin comparison, but since the US had a big ice hockey win last night, what about the Giants/Patriots superbowl, and the 1980 US/Soviet Union hockey game.

Crowder and Burke. Burke went from leading that combined Cross Country and Shooting event to 18th because he couldn't HIT ****!!!

Back
Top Bottom