Comparing Brown to NFL runningbacks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comparing Brown to NFL runningbacks

dolfancoolio

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
There is a thread comparing edwards to NFL receivers so lets compare brown to NFL running backs shall we? personally i would like to trade out of #2 and get DJ, Alex Barron or 1 of the 3 RB's but if we are stuck at #2 i would take edwards, brown or benson. seeming as brown seems the popular choice across the board and there is already a thread on edwards i have created this thread comparing him to the NFL elites.

So tell me finfan's what aspects of NFL players do you think he most resembles and do you think he is or will be better than any of these players??

PS. sorry if there has already been a thread on brown vs. NFL runningbacks

When trying to compare him to NFL backs you'll find that some are similar but Ronnie Brown's combination of Size, speed, power, and recieving skills is pretty much unmatched at the pro level. Ronnie does everything pretty well. You'll find guys like LT, Priest, A.Green, etc. who resemble Ronnie in some ways. While they may have an advantage over Brown in terms of elusiveness.... Ronnie is more the complete package.

I think Ahman Green's style of play resembles Ronnie's the most. Both have deceptive speed for their size, are great recieving out of the backfield, and are straight ahead (N/S) runners who can lower their shoulders and drive the pile. I think with an 0-line half as good as Green Bay's has been, Ronnie would light the NFL up.

AirChambers84 said:
I think Ahman Green's style of play resembles Ronnie's the most. Both have deceptive speed for their size, are great recieving out of the backfield, and are straight ahead (N/S) runners who can lower their shoulders and drive the pile. I think with an 0-line half as good as Green Bay's has been, Ronnie would light the NFL up.

Ahman Green is an interesting comparison. Green is lightning quick but doesnt necesarilly have the jitterbug moves that some folks here associate with big-play RB's. Still, hes an excellent runner both between the tackles and breaking it to the outside. And with exceptional speed, he can take it to the house on any given play.

Interesting.

AirChambers84 said:
When trying to compare him to NFL backs you'll find that some are similar but Ronnie Brown's combination of Size, speed, power, and recieving skills is pretty much unmatched at the pro level. Ronnie does everything pretty well. You'll find guys like LT, Priest, A.Green, etc. who resemble Ronnie in some ways. While they may have an advantage over Brown in terms of elusiveness.... Ronnie is more the complete package.

agreed :cooldude:

Fred Taylor -- I don't think he has the agility of an Ahman Green. Hopefully he has the toughness of Fred Taylor, because guys who run that straight-line aren't real good unless they can demolish people at the point of attack. Maybe a Corey Dillon too, though Brown's pass-catching skills are a lot better.

I think he is a LaDainian Tomlinson but not near as good.

shouright said:
Fred Taylor -- I don't think he has the agility of an Ahman Green. Hopefully he has the toughness of Fred Taylor, because guys who run that straight-line aren't real good unless they can demolish people at the point of attack. Maybe a Corey Dillon too, though Brown's pass-catching skills are a lot better.

Toughness of Fred Taylor? Isn't the guy hurt every year?

saves said:
Toughness at the point of attack, a la Ricky.

saves said:

I think hes started 46 out of his last 48 games.

I started a thread on who he could be like in a best-case scenario and who he could be like in a worst-case scenario. I say best-case Fred Taylor, worst-case Eddie George the past few seasons.

Best case--Jamal Lewis with hands--worst case-- Lamont Jordan

When I watch Ronnie Brown he reminds me alot of Jamal Lewis. Just picture a Jamal Lewis type RB in your backfield thats capable of going in motion and lining up at WR, taking off and burning a nickelback in a slant and then running over a couple safeties on the way to the endzone. Damn, i wish i can write such cool stories for Cedric and Carnell.....but i can't.

I really like Ronnie Brown, but I think his toughness and ability to take down a safety will save him a lot more than his speed will. While he is pretty quick for his size, I expect him to get run down from the side or behind fairly often, much like Ricky was. If he can get the yards by lowering the shoulder though, he is going to get much more effective as the game wears on, and that is when I would expect him to tear off some longer stuff.

I would prefer Alex Smith, but if we pick Ronnie, I won't be dissappointed.

Back
Top Bottom