Comparing marshall & bess to the best of the rest | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comparing marshall & bess to the best of the rest

dreday

future of the funk
Reaction score
link

There are plenty of defensive coordinators around the NFL that can scheme against one great wide receiver and completely take him out of the game. That receiver might have a couple of catches for a few yards, but never threaten to change the complexion of the game. They feel confident that they can handle the number two receiver, the tight end, etc. However, if you have a playmaker on the other side of the field opposite your alpha receiver, that creates stress on a defense, and can make it a long day for them.

Let’s look no further than the Miami Dolphins for a great example of what pressure can do if you possess a dominate number one and a productive, consistent number two. Everyone knows that when you play Miami, Brandon Marshall is someone that you must try to slow down. You must keep his run after catch ability in check, but also try and limit his touches by rolling the coverage his way and keeping a safety over the top of him. When teams do this, it really opens up opportunities for others to make plays, and the defense is betting that you can’t win enough times with other players to ultimately win the game. That’s where Davone Bess can make an instant impact and why he played a major role in this success last season. Davone’s abilities to move from the slot to the outside gives people problems. I’m looking for forward to the Dolphins new offense this year because I expect that Marshall and Bess will line up all over the field, in different formations, creating match-up problems for opposing defenses.

Bit according to ProFootballWeekly, Marshall is one of the most overrated WRs I'm the game. Really? He dominated for 3'straight years *******es

:lol:

What a joke.

Brandon Marshall is absolutely still a top WR in this league, and still very dominant. This past year I don't think we saw the total package, but the numbers he put up were more then respectable.

This is a guy who's missed a lot of offseasons, coming off two hip injuries, the arm/tendon/hand injury, the hammy.... And not mention the physical kind of football he has been playing the past 3 or 4 years. The offense also did not cater to his strengths, and the QB throwing to him was a downgrade from the previous two.

For him to do what he did inspite of all that, I think we can still expect great things from him, he is still in his prime afterall.

Yet Henning & TS had no idea last season how to use Marshall & Bess together. Lets see if Daboll will be an extension of TS as I think or an identity of his own.

Throw in Hartline,Gates and Clay and Daboll can not complain about not having any weapons. I see a nice different combination of players that he can use in so many different ways to exploit a defense.

Actually now that I think of it, cant wait to try some specific formations in Madden :)
Chubbs

86 catches in 14 games, yeah the guy sucks. If Marshall, Bess, Hartline, and Gates can stay healthy for the year that is a deep and talented receiving core. Daboll made McCoy look decent throwing to Mohammad Massaqoui and Brian Robiskie, I'm pretty sure he can find some creative ways to get our receivers the ball.

This article is not really news. I like Bess a lot, and I think he will have a really good year. If some of the new guys can contribute that will be great. This might be the best group of receivers that we have had in a while. Here's hoping.

Back
Top Bottom