Comparing Players from 2004 and 2005 Drafts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comparing Players from 2004 and 2005 Drafts

Justasportsfan said:
how does Rogers and Smith rate higher than Rivers and Losman? If it's based on potential then fine but Rothlesberger was not rated higher than Manning or Rivers.

Alot of people had Rothlisberger rated higher than Manning

adamprez2003 said:
Alot of people had Rothlisberger rated higher than Manning

I was one of them. Seriously if Eli didn't have 'the name' he could have been the one sliding down to Pittsburgh.

Somehow doubt that...

I was pretty much split, a little bit more towards the Manning camp. Rivers was lower than both IMO, by quite a bit frankly.

How the hell do you rate 2004's class so low???

That class had

2 Uber prospects at QB, one very good one, and one good one
it was very solid at RB with two mid round prospects
greatest WR class period atleast in first round picks (I think it will be the greatest ever)
It had the highest rated TE prospect period, ever
It had a top tier LT available
a very highly rated RT
a first round center
must I go on????

Oh ya and when else was a FS worth picking that high?(the only other time I can think of is Roy Williams)

VanDolPhan said:
Does anyone remember what dropped Ben down originally? I remember it was Ben and Eli neck and neck for the longest time then all of a sudden Rivers made a rediculous move up draft boards. Or was it simply the fact Rivers blew up the board?

I think Rivers just blew up. Last year at this time, most people on this board were absolutely nuts about Rivers. His stock peaked at just the right time, which pushed him ahead of Ben.

are you sure you are talking from the draft of from the season. the two best QBs who came out lastyear where ment tobe eli manning and Rivers. after the season it changed to rothilsburger

fear-the-d said:
are you sure you are talking from the draft of from the season. the two best QBs who came out lastyear where ment tobe eli manning and Rivers. after the season it changed to rothilsburger

Nope the guy is right and your wrong. Roethlisberger and Manning were neck and neck the entire season. Rivers came from a third rounder to a top 1st rounder.

I am surprised that this report compares Rodgers and Smith favorably with the top three QBs from last year.If they are truly franchise type QBs we need to draft one of them.No tell how long it will be before we get another chance.

I think its going to take a couple of years for Losman to reach his potential.He should have been an early second rounder last year IMO.

NorFlaFin said:
8.8 Eli Manning, Mississippi
8.8 Aaron Rodgers, Cal
8.6 Alex Smith, Utah

This rating system has Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning equal?:roflmao:
my sentiments exactly... thats where i kinda lost interest.

similarly, they rate bralyon edwards over roy williams... I really dont agree with that either.

Interesting that guys like Fason and Morency were given the same grades as Chris perry, who was a first rounder last year. These guys can easilly fall to the third round this year.

Ok, a few comments....

1) Roy Williams (WR), couldnt hold Braylons jock. Braylon is head and shoulders better then Roy. Roy is a straighline runner, no ability to COD on the run. Braylon is the whole package.

2) I think there were maybe, MAYBE, 5 guys on here that actually agreed with me that Ben was the best of the bunch last year, at QB. The rest wanted Rivers, and still make the excuse that Phillip cant be judged yet, because he hasn't got to play. ROFLMAO. Then, I heard that Ben had the line. Is that the same line that Tommy threw behind in 03, when Pittspuke went 5-11? I think so.

3) Thats how bad the 04 draft class was at RB, that Chris Perry got selected in the first round. PATHETIC! If it werent for Cedric, Caddy, Ronnie, then Mornecy, Fason, and others should in all rights be first round selections. And they are WORTH it, unlike Perry.

CrunchTime said:
I think its going to take a couple of years for Losman to reach his potential.He should have been an early second rounder last year IMO.
I agree. He will have his rookie mistakes. The same mistakes that a vet named Bledsoe made even though he's a vet. I don't think our O can get any worse w/ a young mobile qb compared to a statue who plays like a rookie. We will pound Willis to take away pressure from JP at the begining is my guess.

Justasportsfan said:
I agree. He will have his rookie mistakes. The same mistakes that a vet named Bledsoe made even though he's a vet. I don't think our O can get any worse w/ a young mobile qb compared to a statue who plays like a rookie. We will pound Willis to take away pressure from JP at the begining is my guess.

Dang, and your posting your Bills flag. I was over on your board last season at the beginning, yelling to put Willis and Lee in the damn game. I was trying to help you all out.

1) You didnt win until they took out the fumbelitis Henry. Once Willis hit the field, you WON. DUH!

2) Even though Willis was on the field, you were squeeking out the wins. But, once Lee hit the field, you were blowing MF's out the house. See, how two, just TWO dynamic playa's can change a whole season, and a team.

3) Even though I cite examples such as your clubs idiotness, to brilliance, does for a club, people never seem to learn that the dynamic playas make the difference. FAQ the power runners, the slob straightline runners, all its takes is to be dedicated to the philosophy that a guy who can make a gamebreakin move is the guy you want on the field, and you WIN! Its not hard, but it aint smashmouth ball, which is dead by the way.

And, by the way, with JP on the field, I expect to see you all in the Championship, and with a little luck, the Bowl. i dont think it will be your year for the Bowl, but i definately think it is your time to shine. Congrats that your GM is making all the right moves for you all. Good luck with your 05!!

LithoMan said:
1) You didnt win until they took out the fumbelitis Henry. Once Willis hit the field, you WON. DUH!
Henry was coming off 2 straight years of over 1300 yds. It was Willis' first year on the field. NO, The OL didn't gel until mid season. They had a new HC and Ol coach. What do you expect? DUH!!
LithoMan said:
2) Even though Willis was on the field, you were squeeking out the wins. But, once Lee hit the field, you were blowing MF's out the house. See, how two, just TWO dynamic playa's can change a whole season, and a team.
Lee himself said he didn't get adjusted to playing in the NFL until a few games after the start of the season. It wasn't the coaches fault. Get your facts straight.
LithoMan said:
3) Even though I cite examples such as your clubs idiotness, to brilliance, does for a club, people never seem to learn that the dynamic playas make the difference. FAQ the power runners, the slob straightline runners, all its takes is to be dedicated to the philosophy that a guy who can make a gamebreakin move is the guy you want on the field, and you WIN! Its not hard, but it aint smashmouth ball, which is dead by the way.
You have been shown the way. Your facts are distorted. Get them straight before you act like Mr. Know It ALL.

LithoMan said:
And, by the way, with JP on the field, I expect to see you all in the Championship, and with a little luck, the Bowl. i dont think it will be your year for the Bowl, but i definately think it is your time to shine. Congrats that your GM is making all the right moves for you all. Good luck with your 05!!
thanks for the props but I like to take it one step at a time. Playoffs first before I talk SB.

Back
Top Bottom