compensation pick 2010 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

compensation pick 2010

39wildman

Active Roster
Reaction score
how many pick should dolphins received compensation pick in 2010? ss hill and cb goodman starter for denver... at lease 4rd or 5th and in other word one 6th rd pick

And because we'll be getting yet another pick at the tail end of the draft one does wonder if the staff really intends to draft six players in the 6th and 7th rounds. I don't think they will. I think they'll try and use those picks to acquire veterans on the outs with their respective clubs, like Tony McDaniel.

And because we'll be getting yet another pick at the tail end of the draft one does wonder if the staff really intends to draft six players in the 6th and 7th rounds. I don't think they will. I think they'll try and use those picks to acquire veterans on the outs with their respective clubs, like Tony McDaniel.
I agree, six picks in those final two rounds probably all wouldn't make the final team. Say we do try and trade for Anquan Boldin for a 3rd round pick, I could see them throwing in a 6th or 7th rounder to beef up the offer.

Also, since the picks we have in the 6th and 7th round are on the high end of the rounds, I could see them trading them for 2011 picks in one round higher. Trade a 2010 6th round pick for a 2011 5th round pick. It is nice to have all these late round picks because it gives the team ammunition for trades.

The compensation picks aren't tradeable, but the several picks we have in those rounds are tradeable, and still allows us to take a chance on a late round player or two we have our eyes on.

Also, if we don't trade the late round picks, expect to see us draft a QB with one of them to groom, or perhaps beat out White or Thigpen if we hit the lotto.

Back
Top Bottom