Compensatory picks for 2022 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Compensatory picks for 2022

Good. An extra fourth and an extra fifth to play with. We went from a total overhaul in Flores’ first year—where we just brought countless bodies in on a conveyor belt—to hopefully fine tuning by next year. Off ball LB, another edge, center, running back. We are getting there. Plus we scored the highest in terms of infusing the roster with athleticism. That was sorely needed and I wouldn’t mind reinforcing that next year.

• The Bills signed Matt Haack as their punter away from the Dolphins for an APY of $1.825 million. Normally, an APY that low would not qualify a contract for CFA status. However, the 2020 CBA revealed a different playtime boost for kickers and punters that is reliant on stats other than snap counts. For punters, that would be number of punts and the number fielded inside the 20 yard line. If Haack’s contributions from 2020 are met in 2021, that should be enough for him to be a CFA. And the Dolphins need his contract to count if they want to stay positive in the net number of CFAs lost in order to get a 5th round comp pick for the departure of Davon Godchaux to New England. Therefore, Dolphins fans should be rooting for the division rival Bills to punt with Haack as much as possible, something that should come pretty natural to them.

Says this further down in the article.... Didn't think I'd be cheering for good punts for Haack on another team, let alone the Bills

Even after signing a dozen FA's are we sure the NFL won't give NE a couple of 3rd rounders, just for old times sake?

;)

Doesn't matter if they do, more proof Belichek (Actually Pioli) got lucky that one time and is no better than any random GM. Kevin O'Connell, cough.

Watching New England draft makes me laugh.

The Pat's have been up and down drafting(more down lately)just like everyone else.

The massive FA spending spree was an admission that they have struggled drafting the last 4-5 years and that Brady was patching a lot of holes on that roster.
I'm not sure how any informed analyst or fan can say NE is a successful drafting team. I just don't see it.

I'm not sure how any informed analyst or fan can say NE is a successful drafting team. I just don't see it.
I did not say they were.

They have probably been average over the whole of Belichick's tenure but they have been really poor the last 5 years or so.

But they have some good draft picks in their too, mostly front 7 defense and OL.

He has struggled with skill positions in particular including DB's which is odd since the secondary was his speciality.

Back
Top Bottom