Compensatory Picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Compensatory Picks

Why not throw this whole formula to the wind and give the 'Fins a compensatory first rounder somewhere around...let's say...#10!! How's that sound to everyone?!?! :shakeno:

I would agree with that as longas the condition is that we get Mike Vick and Take Spikes as well...anythng less would be a ripoff :wink:

Well, I'm not a genious on this here, but I do know that the main thing they look at is performance THIS YEAR. Since that's the case, I can't imagine us getting much. Walker, Mixon, Bromell, all had below average years. Folau won't get us much, and Lamar Smith getting arrested or whatever doesnt help either.

Breck, Lindy's reported that it was the year they had with the team they were with. Therefore, what they actually lost from there team. They said the performance with the team had nothing to do with it.

Only one mag's thoughts on it though, so oh well. None of us really seem to know, or even agree for that matter.

Last year pretty much everyone was shocked when the Phins only got a 5th for losing both Trace Armstrong and Brian Walker. Apparently the injury suffered by Trace that limited him to playing in only 4 games in 2001 devalued his impact in that reguard.
Among the players that moved on, a few had good years. Kenny Mixon, who actually got a bigger contract to leave than Trace, played every game and had a good season. Terry Cousin played well for Carolina. Lamar Smith had a decent season for Carolina.
My instinct is that the Phins will get 3 compensation picks. They will be after rounds 4, 6, and 7.

Back
Top Bottom