Concerns About Gesicki, The Challenge Of Replacing Suh And Old Questions 'return' Read More Here: H | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Concerns About Gesicki, The Challenge Of Replacing Suh And Old Questions 'return' Read More Here: H

Thing I don’t like most other than that stride takes away from the short area quickness in routes and the finesse game is that body looks like a nfl qb.

High cut thin torso. The top of the route physicality needs significant improvement.

Been posting and getting blasted alot regarding the expectations regarding the projected contributions of these rookie players and or new players we aquired. History and logic means it can take awhile to gell even with all the right pieces. The biggest contributing facor will be these new coaches if they are the right guys too.

I think they (media) are just stirring things up to get a reaction. It's that time of year.

Notice how casually dismissive they are of multiple interviewees bringing up Gesicki's highlight reel play during one of the practices (because it didn't come during a media portion), and how vague they are with statements like, "at times, he looked lost..."

A rookie looks lost sometimes during his first off season. News Flash! He won't be as great as some expectations have him being during his rookie year, but he'll be fine. People need to let young players grow and cool it with the high expectations or dire forecasts. In the end his production will be determined by his usage and Miami has it's share of receiving options. I think he'll make his share of plays when called upon and his skill set will impact defense even when he's not the primary target.

I'll worry about Gesicki if half or three quarters way thru the year he's not getting it.

Still like to pickup a veteran defensive tackle who is an excellent run stopper, still view this as this teams biggest need. Leave Hayes at DE where he played excellent in 2017

It would be lie if I said that the no-huddle didn't worry me, start 2016 season 0-5 do away with no-huddle and go 10-1, why I have this feeling Tannehill play's better with a huddle, if Gase absolutely needs to do it I hope it's implementation is better than the first go-around.

Engram and Howard had 6 TD's each last year, Njoku had 4.

No reason not to expect Gesicki to fall in line with those numbers, probably have 5 TD's. I could easily see 7 or 8 though.
That is not totally impossible and yet 8 TDs would be a Dolphins season record for a TE. (Is that the lowest number for any NFL team?)

The only issue I have right now with Gesicki is that I bought his jersey with the #86 on it.
Hope if Caroo gets cut he doesn't change his number.

2 weeks into a job and he’s not president of the company yet??!! BLASPHEMY!! Fire his ass!!

I see Miami beat writers are out full force with the clickbaits today...

i dont think gesicki will be a factor until late in the season or year 2. just the nature of the position imo. he isnt the athlete engram is imo, but his upside is better bc of contested balls. the kid will be fine.
I think derby will be the guy until then, and has been underrated on here. i dont think derby will be a superstar but i think he will do fine until gesicki is ready

i dont think gesicki will be a factor until late in the season or year 2. I think derby will be the guy until then, and has been underrated on here. i dont think derby will be a superstar but i think he will do fine until gesicki is ready
I will take Gray over Derby bro.

Let's look at this analytically. The same group of media that were hyper-focused on getting a QB, even when everyone who knows football never expected us to draft a QB. Then, they double-down on the click-bait by grading our draft on the fact we failed to get a QB. Ummmmmmmmm …. yeah … OK.

The media knows that there are only two things that get people interested this time of year, and it's big sizzling plays and horrible controversy. Our top offensive pick was a guy who has the potential to be our best ever TE, and who looks like the best athlete at TE to come out in the draft since Gronkowski and Graham. Of course the media is going to scrutinize everything he does, including how he ties his cleats. If they don't have something spectacular to report, they're going to report that he's having problems.

Look, he's a rookie. Typically rookie TE's take a year to get up to speed. My hope and expectation is that the similarity of routes between his college days and the Dolphins scheme will smooth this transition and we'll see him flashing plays early and often. It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to worry about it yet though.

As DK said … I just hope he signs already. The 2nd rounders are notoriously the last to sign since we implemented the rookie wage scale.

Back
Top Bottom