Concerns About Gesicki, The Challenge Of Replacing Suh And Old Questions 'return' Read More Here: H | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Concerns About Gesicki, The Challenge Of Replacing Suh And Old Questions 'return' Read More Here: H

There's also a huge difference in what's deemed a success during the installation process of the offense vs. actually practicing that offense come training camp.

We are literally talking about a guy's progress who's yet to sign his first NFL contract.

He'll be fine guys. It's a complicated system for the TE in this offense. He'll get his looks but don't expect HOF numbers in his rookie season. It's just uncommon for rookie tight ends to majorly impact the offense.

Engram and Howard had 6 TD's each last year, Njoku had 4.

No reason not to expect Gesicki to fall in line with those numbers, probably have 5 TD's. I could easily see 7 or 8 though.

This should be the setting where a finesse combine elite athlete tight end shines.

Maybe not in 11 on 11 but 7 on 7 and 1 on 1s

The elite athlete rb ballage has.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he's not mainly running with the 1s and 2s he's seeing a lot of Bryce Petty under center.

What a non-story. Even moreso since it's out there that he flashed in at least one practice.

I guess some people thought the best way to get Gesicki up to speed is to practice nothing but Dwight Clarkesque jump balls in the RZ all day. (RIP Dwight)

Didn't occur to some that maybe working on the things your not good at first might be the way to be brought up to speed.

Best guess AJ Derby and Durham Smythe for base package TE, Gesicki comes in mainly on passing downs, that wouldn't surprise me. I don't expect him to start right away.

This should be the setting where a finesse combine elite athlete tight end shines.

Maybe not in 11 on 11 but 7 on 7 and 1 on 1s

The elite athlete rb ballage has.

Ya, next year. It's irresponsible to compare the readiness of a RB to any other position outside of P/K.

Antonio Gates first full season produced this:
15 games, 24 receptions, 389 yards, 16.2 YPC, 2 TD's. 16.2 YPC his rookie year was actually the highest he posted in his career. And that's with Drew Brees robotically completing passes at will.

2nd season:
15 games, 81 receptions, 964 yards,11.9 YPC, 13 TD's.

Huge learning curve for guy's who grew up essentially playing a different sport first. But clearly there is something to learning an NFL offense.

It's not a huge concern with Gesicki in OTAs. If we hear these same stories by preseason week 3 then is the time to be concerned.

Got to keep in mind that it's early. It's a bit concerning, but let's give it time before we start talking bust. I actually think he'll have a quality year.

Except Antonio Gates never played football in college unlike our top 50 pick.

Can’t just leave that out when talking learning curve. Tight end is like defensive tackle in that it does usually take time to develop.

Best reason for pause I’ve heard is he’s getting reps with the second string qbs.

Better show up in pads. Pick fails if he isn’t a win option flex and iso on Sundays.

Get stronger in that vertical stem.

I mean anybody expecting more than a red zone option in 2018 is just overshooting their expectations.

I know some people like the receiving/blocking 1 2 punch from the draft, but I really think we made the wrong choice by not taking Goedert in the 2nd round. Goedert looked like a day 1 complete TE, Gesicki looks like Julius Thomas. Now Thomas was great for a second back in the day but he is very one dimensional . . . And a 4th rounder. High second is rich for that type of TE . . . . But it certainly is early. This kid needs to be effective, the earlier the better.

Back
Top Bottom